A Major Asian Bank is currently looking to fill a Senior Specialist / Specialist, Compliance Review position for their bank in Kuala Lumpur.
- Perform annual Compliance risk assessment and develop annual plan for Compliance review and control testing.
- Responsible to plan and lead Compliance review and control testing, and to be completed within the defined timeline.
- Conduct Compliance review and control testing on the first line of defense and second line of defense functions including all touch points, centralized functions and validation of attestation outcome performed by the Business Compliance and Control Office.
- Escalate issues arising from Compliance review and control testing that poses high risk to Maybank Group to Senior Management and Board of Directors proposing measures to mitigate the risks identified.
- Provide assurance to the Senior Management and Board of Directors that the regulatory compliance practices throughout the Group is in compliance to the regulatory requirements impacting the respective businesses.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business studies, law or equivalent professional qualification from recognized university.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in conducting compliance review or audit in the area of compliance and internal audit.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of experience working as a regulator in conducting supervisory review / on-site examination.
- Possess certification in Compliance areas and/or AML/CFT will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of statutory and regulatory obligations governing financial institutions in Malaysia.
- Possess leadership capabilities and highly independent to produce quality and timely deliverables.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.