Senior Technology Risk Manager – Platform Services
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 avr. 19
Senior Technology Risk Manager – Platform Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Technology powers Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
The Platform Services team; which encompasses the following functions, is an absolutely pivotal part of delivering on the Technology strategy for the Bank:
- Cloud Governance Regulatory & Compliance,
- Private Cloud and Virtualisation,
- Platforms (Unix, Windows, Tandem, Web),
- Databases (Sybase, Oracle, DB2, SQL),
- Platform Engineering.
There is a requirement for a Senior Technology Operational Risk Manager within the Platform Services team , who will be responsible for all FLoD (First Line of Defence) risk & control activities, as laid out below.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary custodian and First Line of Defence for all Risk and Control activities for the Platform Services Team
- Understand the full risk and audit landscape of the Platform Services Team space (known and unknowns) and maintain central data pertaining to this
- Define R&Rs for all key players in the Platform Services Team in relation to Risk & Control
- Chair regular Domain risk and control meetings where key risk and audit items are presented to the Domain's key management team
- Chair regular meetings with all relevant external stakeholders (outside of Platform Services Team) i.e. GIA, Other ORMs
- Where applicable, support GPO on all related FLoD responsibilities related to the ORF and other required Group Risk Management policies
- Define and execute the risk awareness strategy for the Platform Services Team
- Co-ordinate and manage all Audit (internal and external) related responsibilities across the Domain i.e. RFIs, findings, APs, ICPs
- Co-ordinate and manage all Risk Register related activities across the Domain i.e. Identification, Assessment, Response & Mitigation, Monitoring & Reporting
People and Talent;
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Where applicable, ensure that all management responsibilities are executed diligently and in-line with the Group's guidelines and furthermore act as a role model to subordinates and peers alike
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas.
- Comfortable in an agile and fast-moving environment.
- Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team, continuously learning and sharing knowledge
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
- Licences and Certifications/Accreditations - minimum of ITIL v3 Foundation (Intermediate desired) and related risk management certifications (ISACA CRISC/CISA or Axelos MoR). Related Cloud Computing qualifications would also be desirable.
- Working in the Financial Services sector
- Risk Management for Technology/Information Systems
- Experience of dealing with Internal and External auditors or experience as an auditor of information systems
- Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization, across locations
- Overall 10 years desired, with minimum 5 years
- Experience in Technology stream preferably Application Support area
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.