Senior Test Engineer (Alliance Access)
About the Role
Alliance Access is a market-leading messaging interface offered by SWIFT that has over 2,000 installations around the world, exchanging millions of financial messages everyday and is key in the digital economy of today.
Are you someone who has a sharp eye for detail in ensuring the quality of product through manual and automated testing?
The Alliance Access' Connectivity squad of the Journey to Cloud tribe is looking for experienced, dynamic and highly independent skilled test engineer to strengthen the squad further through designing and managing test plans and cases, ensuring the appropriate level of testing is performed at the different development stages of Alliance Access and developing automated-testing processes, systems or scripts to drive continuous improvement initiatives of the squad.
As a test engineer in the squad, you will have the opportunity to work with a worldwide team of highly skilled IT professionals, strengthening your technical and testing expertise as well as the exposure to solidify your knowledge of messaging interface. What to expect?
What will make you successful? Education & Experience
- You will develop and maintain test specifications, test cases, sets of regression tests, in an accurate and timely manner.
- You will code (writing and automating tests) and maintain software-testing frameworks.
- You will propose and create procedures that help to find existing errors in the product and execute test cases as well as regression tests to ensure minimal discrepancy between specified and implemented functions.
- You will review functional requirements specification and design documents to ensure testability and become acquainted with products.
- You will write and execute test cases of medium to high complexity.
- You will analyse and log test results.
- You will contribute to testing process improvement efforts, focusing on test automation tools.
- You will collect evidences of the test execution and participate to the acceptance test report.
- You will propose and lead the implementation of process improvement efforts.
Professional Knowledge & Expertise
- University degree in computer science and/or minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position or within a testing/development environment.
Knowledge & skill in the following area will be an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Able to work independently but also in team
- Able to work in an agile environment
- Proven coordination skills in a fast changing environment is a must
- Knowledge in SWIFT interfaces (e.g. Access, Integrator, Integration Platform, AMH) is an asset
- Knowledge in testing methodology/risk management is an asset
- Experience with QualityCenter, XRay or other Test Management Tools is an asset
- Knowledge of XML and related validations and transformation technologies is an asset
- Knowledge in basic UNIX administration tasks (routing and firewall configurations, package installations, file system management, web and application server configuration) is an asset
- Testing methodology certification (e.g. ISTQB) is an asset
What we offer
- Knowledge in Selenium & Robot Framework, Java (including Maven, Git, Eclipse) or other is an asset
- Knowledge in IBM MQ is an asset
- Knowledge in Ansible and Nagios is an asset
- Quality oriented
- Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Adaptability & responsiveness to change (Agile Transformation)
- Team oriented
- Personal drive and commitment
- Problem solving - if there are some problems/bugs encountered, able to provide some initial feedback on what could went wrong. The candidate should see him/herself contributing to deliver the component, rather than a separate function that is just qualifying the product
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.