Experian Decision Analytics helps clients achieve sustain significant growth.
The Solution Consultant is a key person to transform client requirements into a working and sustainable solution. This includes new prospects, new requests from existing customers, technical support requests, and active participation in the delivery phase of complex projects. The Consultant should lead design workshops and business requirements definition through to sign off. Provide expert product and delivery advice and support throughout delivery cycle, resolves issues/provides insight and direction in deliveries. The Consultant should provide close support for clients throughout delivery lifecycle, help with the sales process, providing product demonstrations, solution-based presentations and additional Solution expertise. Job Impact & Scope:
- Be responsible for understanding the clients need, project's scope and ensuring that project work undertaken does not exceed that scope
- Manage and deliver the technical components of projects and act as the technical lead
- Ensure all work is of a high quality and professionally presented
- Represent Experian as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador of the company
- Work closely with fellow team mates
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Competent administrative skills.
Business Requirements Analysis and Design.
- Accountable for the overall solution design.
- Add value to client's business through Demonstration of solution business benefits and Design Recommendations to form solution requirements.
- Provide insight to solution design impacts to delivery, make recommendations for ease of delivery and support.
- Lead Design Workshops and Business Requirements Definition and Creation, through to sign off:
- Gather data and information in a structured and consistent manner to meet project objectives.
- Discuss product capabilities & limitations with the client and apply the outcome to the solution design.
- Understand and apply delivery parameters, constraints in the design process including commercial and time constraints.
- Engage Business Consultant appropriately in support of this.
- Keep up positive customer engagement
- Ensure the deliverance of revenue from assigned customers
- Come up with ways to increase the revenue based on learnings from other clients and markets
- Manage customer expectations
- Identify & understand areas of inefficiency, improvement opportunities and key challenges within the delivery Lifecycle, provide and own proposals for the resolution of those identified.
- Actively engage delivery staff appropriately for staff development purposes in design and specification process.
- Owns associated problems on client projects, and sees through to completion, regardless of project Stage, communicates resolution to the wider DA audience
Sales Process / Product Knowledge
- By request support Sales Consultants/BDMs, providing Product/Solution based presentations and Solution Expertise in developing prospects.
- Delivers sized and costed proposals taking into consideration client maturity, market conditions, risk factors, Schedules and delivery capability
- Present and demonstrate to the client how Experian solutions can solve their business issues.
- Participate in the production of content for proposals and Bid reviews.
Application / Software Development, Maintenance & Support
- Provide ongoing support of solution design through all phases of the subsequent delivery. Assist with the interpretation of solution design and makes corrective decisions where needed.
- Has design authority over the entire solution and works to ensure that the configured solutions reflect the signed off design.
- Ensures the configured solution is delivered to a high quality and is fit for purpose.
- Recognizes deviation from scope and identifies these as revenue generation opportunities.
- Provide: deep insight into Delivery Lifecycle including pain points, task management, key priorities and known issues for products; support for deliveries through the lifecycle and manage knowledge transfer in doing so.
- Understand the potential and the limitations of information technology and Experian products.
- Must be able to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Where required act as liaisons between Experian and their clients and associated project teams (including external vendors)
- Where required develop cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- Where required conduct feasibility studies of a computer system or component
- Interact with other team members and/or define the interfaces associated with the software solution
- Keep track of system development
- Provide guidance on all technical aspects unit and system testing
- Install and implement new systems
- Prepare high quality documentation
- Production of technical and product specifications for projects.
- Co-ordination of client's acceptance/quality control testing.
- Monitoring of results to ensure that business requirements are fulfilled.
Change Management & Compliance
- Ensure maintenance and development of the delivery team's collateral e.g. source code, development environments, software, documentation, tools
- Comply with published standards for coding, testing and documentation and other policies and procedures as laid down under the Delivery Framework
Administration / Project Tracking / Project Management
- Regular reports on own work and projects to line manager/project manager.
- Project status reports to clients and internal management.
- Timely submission of timesheets, leave forms and other administrative components
- Design and progression through own Personal Development Plan following the identification, with line management, of technical or interpersonal skills development needs or lack of product/client/business knowledge.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrate commitment to achievement of team objectives by identifying and acting on ad-hoc and on-going opportunities for providing support to other team members.
- Provide coaching and cross training to other staff in order to facilitate an even spread of knowledge and aid in succession planning
- Mentor and educate other members of the team
- May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong (7years) delivery or solutions experience gained from credit industry and Telco.
- Routinely leads and delivers multi-product or multi country solutions.
- Has experience of and has delivered solutions to multiple industry sectors.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of relevant domains
• BSS (CRM, Billing and Charging, Middleware's etc.)
• SOA Architecture
• SQL Databases
• Cloud Computing (AWS) Skills:
- A broad knowledge of technologies supporting the solutions including but not limited to:
- Database: Oracle / MYSQL / SQL Server - SQL Scripting: Good knowledge for support.
- Web: IIS / APACHE-TOMCAT configuration and troubleshooting, Web Service, REST, SOAP.
- Network: Being able to control connectivity, understand protocol, security and encryption.
- Tools & Language: XML, Batch language scripting, SoapUI,
- Big Data: Hadoop / Spark is a plus
- Consultative experience and attitude; experience in developing technical solutions
- Understanding of appropriate technology components.
- Experience and ability to lead a project involving other technological competencies
- Experian product knowledge
- Team worker, performance driven individual
- Used to work under tight time pressure, great sense of priority management
- Excellent time-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Studious problem analysis skills
- Advanced knowledge of selected Experian solutions capabilities, design, functionality and benefits; significant experience of the DA delivery lifecycle for applicable Experian EMA solutions is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong presentation capabilities, advanced problem solving and analytical skills, fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel