Solutions Architecture Manager - Malaysia
DESCRIPTION Have you ever wanted to manage a dream team?
AMAZON Web Services is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer facing Solutions Architects in our field offices. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, keep reading.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions designers and practitioners by enabling and coaching them on best practices, technical customer relationship management, and the technical communication skills necessary to create and present architectures of a widely varying size and complexity.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as able to effectively shape the customer relationship management and solution focused skills of your team. You must enjoy introducing new technology and helping colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology and ways of thinking about technology. You will help team members ramp up and boot strap themselves on AWS products (including Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Relational Databases Services databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, and many more) as well as speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments such as sales, product development, human resources, marketing, and representing your team to executive management. Additionally, you must be able to recognize trends across your team and their customer base, aggregate and effectively articulate those trends and observations to the right internal stakeholders.
• As a key manager of the business development and sales management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community.
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high leverage customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates".
• Act as a technical conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
The right person will:
• Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small business to large enterprises.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 15+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
• 5+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
• Deep experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Software design or development
• Infrastructure architecture
• Storage technology
• Content distribution
• Database architecture
• IP Networking
• IT Security
• Performance Tuning
• Systems Operations
• Working knowledge of development methodologies and more than one of the following languages: .NET / C++ / Java / PHP / Perl / Python / Ruby on Rails
• Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
• Strong written communication and verbal skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired.
• Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries in the Malaysia market is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development practices and Internet-related technologies highly desired.