Sr Risk Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 20 sept. 18 2018-09-20
Sr Risk Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
We are currently looking for Sr Risk Manager
The Role Responsibilities
The Risk Manager is responsible for and has oversight over Operational Risk Management, Control Management and Audit Management across the function. This role is key and responsible for continuous improvements in the function's approach to risk identification and mitigation, control management and audit engagement within the framework set out by the relevant authorities.
This role ensures a constant state of preparation, readiness and continuous improvement across the process.
Scope and plan thematic risk / control reviews aligned to the function's key objectives, Group Internal Audit themes and key risk areas
• Scope and plan risk / control reviews of significant new projects
• Initiate risk reviews / analysis as needed to support efforts in reviewing process and control effectiveness and risk identification
• Provide guidance (as required) on execution of risk / control reviews
• Track material actions and risks arising from the reviews
• Provide support and guidance on control design. Review and approve proposed addition of or change in controls
• Review and agree changes and / or new risk / control indicators with the relevant authorities
• Represent the function as the Single Point of Contact (SPoC) on internal and external audits and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the audit working practices
• Ensure that the affected function (and units within) are sufficiently prepared for upcoming audits
• Review adequacy of management response to audit findings
• Review progress and timely closure of audit findings
• Share thematic risk & audit findings across functions and units
• Ensure that management (and any other stakeholder as required) is kept aware of the risk, control & audit profile of the function through periodical reporting
• SPoC for the function on any Risk, Control or Audit change initiatives from Group / relevant authorities
• Where required, manage both the functional delivery as well as people management (employee engagement, remuneration, development, etc)
• Excellent understanding of Operational Risk Management
• Strong stakeholder engagement, particularly with senior staff
• Self-motivated and Self-starter
• Fluent English communication & writing skills
• Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
• Production and analysis of Management Information
• SharePoint and Confluence skills desired
• Experience working in financial services sector
• Risk Management for Technology/Information Systems
• Experience dealing with Internal and External auditors or experience as an auditor of information systems • Experience working in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization, across locations
• Experience working in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization, across locations
• Overall 10 years desired, with minimum 5 years experience in Technology (Infrastructure or Application) or
Information Security stream preferably with experience in Change, Release, Incident or Problem Management
• Certification in Risk Management like MoR, CRISC, CISA desired
• ITIL Foundation or above desired
• Any COBIT related certification would be beneficial
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.