Technical (Professional Practice Group) - Senior Manager / Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talent like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do:
We are inviting applications to join the SEA Audit & Assurance Center of Excellence ("SEA CoE") - Technical Group. As a member of SEA CoE, your primary role is to contribute towards the various engagement technical accounting and auditing projects, such as the development of technical resources, delivery of technical updates and training, and participating in technical working committees at our SEA level. You would also be involved in providing research analysis and guidance to client service teams in addressing a broad range of accounting and auditing issues.
To be successful, you should be enthusiastic and innovative, and have the necessary audit and assurance client service experience (you are currently a Senior Manager / Manager already in the Professional Practice Group or an Audit Senior Manager / Manager), as well as a keen interest in the practical application of accounting and auditing standards. The ability to communicate proficiently both verbally and in writing is a pre-requisite.
SEA CoE contributes to Deloitte's prosperity and the execution of strategy in a commercial, sustainable and consistent manner. The framework is simple and agile, performing centralized functions to improve consistency on audit quality.
Being part of the CoE team for SEA in Kuala Lumpur, you will be provided with challenging assignments and interesting work, including:
Your role as a leader
- Providing timely, practical and technically sound advice and guidance to client service teams relating to a broad range of accounting and auditing issues.
- M a intaining and developing tools, templates and resources to assist audit and assurance practitioners in performing their engagements.
- Communicating new and upcoming audit and assurance related information to the practice.
- Working closely with SEA NPPD and SEA Coe Leader in managing audit technical matters, specifically in the maintenance and continuous improvement of audit technical resources in SEA Audit practice.
- Providing support in SEA Audit & Assurance in the areas of NPPD / Technical (IFRS/ISA/Audit Methodology).
- Assisting in developing and delivering audit and assurance technical excellence training to partners and practitioners.
- Any other duties/projects as assigned from time to time.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
Additional for Senior Managers
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Knowledgeable in current trend to drive continuous improvement.
- Inspire followership through passion, integrity and appreciation to others.
- At least 4 - 6 years of audit and assurance client service experience in Deloitte SEA.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and auditing standards.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and complete tasks/projects in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Strong ability to listen, analyze and resolve issues independently.
- Conceptual thinking and pragmatic in execution.
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Ability to work within a team (both local and virtual) as well as independently when required.
- Some experience in a role within audit quality, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory.
Due to volume of applications, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- The position is based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Given the scale and geographic diversity of Deloitte SEA Audit's operation, the role will involve certain travel commitments.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: MA139-152058-2018