Transaction Surveillance Analyst
The Transaction Surveillance Analyst is responsible for assisting with risk and compliance reviews in coordination with the broader Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team. The overall objective is to utilize in-depth AML knowledge to review, analyse and conduct effective due diligence and investigations on transactions that may be a potential risk to OCBC.
- Conduct independent research and analyze data on transaction surveillance alerts within the stipulated timeline to detect Money Laundering/ Terrorist Financing ("ML/TF") activities, using various internal and external systems and databases.
- Utilize pertinent information and ensure appropriate documentation of the rationale for closure/ escalation of the transaction surveillance alerts.
- Work closely with the team for alert clearance and constantly being aware of new money laundering trends and threats to the bank
- Participate/ conduct calibration sessions to standardize knowledge across team (for senior analyst)
- Support the team in AML-related ad-hoc projects (for senior analyst
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding OCBC, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to all relevant Standards, Guidelines and Procedures in the review and closure/ escalation of transaction surveillance alerts, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- A good university degree (for junior analyst).
- A good university degree with min 5 years experience (for senior analyst).
- Candidate must possess strong attention to detail, research, analytical and investigation skills.
- Proficient in writing with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with high level of initiative and follow-through skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Knowledge of AML regulations, trends and ACAMS Certification (an advantage)