VP - Problem Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 23 mars 19
VP - Problem Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Manage a team of 5 people and look after people matters.
• Able to deliver quality reports and perform data quality on problem tickets in SOR.
• Management Reporting
• Escalation of critical and unresolved Incidents to appropriate levels of management.
• Solve and present complex problems in an understandable way to stakeholders, business leaders, and executives
• Leverage best practices and forward-thinking to ensure roadmaps are evolving to meet business demands
• Fill in the gaps, including hands-on work in grey areas, to enable program objectives
• Provide training, coaching and guidance to internal teams, growing problem management best practices throughout the organization
• Analysis of Major Incidents to identify problem trends and chronic issues.
• Communication with technology stakeholders.
• Facilitation of plans to reduce problems in the environment, eliminating defects, shorten time to repair, reduce impacts and drive efficiencies.
• Analysis of timelines for gaps and improvement opportunities.
• Management of the formal root cause review process for major incidents and S@R requests.
• Ensuring quality and in-depth root cause reviews occur.
• Developing, assigning, and tracking actions to appropriate parties as part of the root cause review.
• Ensuring appropriate and meaning actions are created to prevent problem from recurring.
• Communication with the Governance team, Reporting team, Incident and Change management to ensure related incidents are updated accordingly.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Have working knowledge and applied skills in ITIL, preferably ITIL v3, Change, Incident and Problem Management
• 8-10 years of experience and the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Problem Management processes in a dynamic cloud service environment
• Strong understanding or experience supporting technology in a Financial Service Industry
• Ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and across organizational levels to include co-workers, managers, and customers
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and very strong interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to communicate the right level of detail to the right audience
• Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter with strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.