Vice President, Corporate Secretary Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory MY
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 25 mai 18 2018-05-25
Vice President, Corporate Secretary Malaysia
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
The APAC Corporate Secretary's Office is part of the Global Subsidiary Governance Group which ultimately reports through to the Bank of America Corporation Global Counsel. The role of the Subsidiary Governance group is to drive a culture of control, supervision and robust governance; support the legal entity structure; manage the company secretarial structure; promote best practices and corporate governance in line with Bank of America Merrill Lynch policies and guidelines, regulation and company law and market practices; and support senior management.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for providing corporate governance and corporate secretarial support for regulated and non-regulated legal entities incorporated in Malaysia, as well as other legal entities in the Asia region.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Drafting of documents and applications to secure approvals from Board of Directors and corporate shareholders
- Preparation of documents (e.g., notices, meeting packs, agendas, minutes of meetings) for meetings of the board and shareholders meetings
- Advising the Board on conduct of meetings and drafting minutes of the proceedings
- Liaise with the independent non-executive directors of the Malaysia entities
- Work closely with Compliance on regulatory matters related to corporate governance
- Maintenance and update of commercial registration and shareholders' ledger as required to ensure compliance with local companies act and regulatory requirements
- Update and make revisions to articles of incorporation and confirm the submission of notification of changes in formation documents and board composition to regulators
- Coordinating Board meetings, Board Committee meetings, and shareholder meetings, as required
- Liaising with law firms and statutory authorities for various matters, as required from time to time.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of various statutory forms
- Help ensure governance-related requirements of Subsidiary Governance Policy are met for supported entities
- Provide support for internal corporate restructurings.
- Update and safe-keep corporate, statutory and regional records
- Participate in and in some cases manage legal entity projects, working with colleagues based in other countries
- Maintain central records of directors' and statutory auditors' details and legal entity structures
- Maintain and respond to inquiries regarding signatory process and authorities
- Respond to regulatory requests for legal entity and corporate governance information, including signing authorization and providing certified true copies
- Advise on the procedural formalities pertaining to incorporation of new companies and the dissolution of legal entities
- Research legal entity data
- Input core legal entity information into the Blueprint system of record
- At least 5 to 7 years of solid experience advising on and providing support on corporate transactional, general corporate and/or corporate secretarial matters
- Experience working for a foreign corporation or subsidiary of a foreign banking entity in Malaysia is a plus
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Fluent English (both written and oral) required;
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to network across the organization to determine proper and efficient contacts
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable interacting with senior management of the corporation
- Ability to identify and escalate issues and devise solutions to issues
Posting Date: 16/05/2018
Kuala Lumpur, , 67 JALAN RAJA CHULAN ,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 39