Executive Architect & CTO - Cloud Application Innovation
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is on the forefront of helping ASEAN clients accelerate their enterprise cloud journeys, with industry leading approaches and technology around open, secure, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud solutions. Cloud Application Innovation (CAI) is part of IBM's Global Business Services organization, focused on helping clients accelerate their journey to the cloud to achieve their Business and Digital Transformation objectives. With IBM's industry leading end-to-end capabilities, we partner with clients to advise them on their journey to migrate, modernize, innovate and manage their businesses on high performing, open, multi-cloud and hybrid cloud solutions The Role
Our Cloud Architects are vital to our success in solving client challenges and enabling their success through industry leading cloud transformation solutions. Our Cloud Architects tailor end-to-end cloud solutions for clients in the ASEAN market, including the underlying infrastructure and the associated software products and managed services.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing winning multi-cloud and hybrid cloud strategies and transformation solutions to meet client business challenges
- Using strong business acumen and knowledge of cloud technology, migration and enterprise cloud architecture to develop trusted partnerships with the client's executive management and key technical staff
- Developing compelling client value propositions, client deliverables and enterprise architecture, including request for proposal response (RFP), statements of work (SOWs), and oral presentations
- Leading client advisory engagements to define cloud strategies and roadmaps to align with client business objectives
- Defining engagement deliverable structure and content and facilitating consensus of proposed solutions from top executive and technical management levels at the client.
- Technical thought leader with a passion for change.
- Executive architect role working across a variety of client engagements to design, develop, integrate and deploy end to end innovative cloud and digital solutions and MVP's.
- Able to articulate front end mobile/web app development processes and integration to back end systems.
- Able to articulate client journey to cloud including movement of legacy application to cloud
- Consult and interact with client's senior IT stakeholders (C-suite) to ensure the solution fits their needs.
- Work closely with IBM development teams onshore and offshore to lead them to compliant system build in line with client expectations.
- Enable rapid deployment using Agile methodologies of client's modern digital platforms.
- Act as a design authority in the digital transformation space.
- Contribute to RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposals)
- Build pool of tech consultants and architects across ASEAN
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced in enterprise cloud architecture and solutions
- Experienced working with multiple cloud providers/platforms: IBM Cloud, Pivotal, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare, migration tools and cloud methodologies
- Undergo with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including Containers / Container Orchestration, VMware, Cloud Foundry, OpenStack etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 15 years experience in consulting, with service orientation, problem solving skills, entrepreneurship, and CxO-level presentation and writing abilities
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.