Manager - IT Enabled Transformation (Enterprise Architect)
The focus of today's CIO has moved beyond 'keeping the lights on', to harnessing technology to create business value. Our CIO Advisory professionals help clients navigate the complexity of today's dynamic environment while addressing issues of risk, governance and data security.
The current rapid pace of change threatens to overwhelm even the most competent IT organisation. For today's CIO, IT must advance the business, not just support it. Technology is expected to add value by improving business performance, accelerating time to market, opening new markets and facilitating mergers and acquisitions - all while keeping a sharp eye on costs and quality.
With a global network of professionals, our CIO Advisory team can help you to:
• Utilise technologies to advance the business, not just support it;
• Align business and technology strategy & planning;
• Position the IT division as a strategic business partner ;
• Simplify the applications portfolio, reducing cost and increasing business agility; and
• Manage risk and compliance through supplier management, data integrity, security, privacy, governance and controls.
Our CIO Advisory team has the experience and depth of talent to drive change and deliver results.
Related keywords in this area are IT Strategy, IT Governance, IT Roadmap, Enterprise Architecture, SOA, ITIL, IT Infrastructure.
As a Project Manager for Enterprise Architecture engagements who works with the stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets. The role of the enterprise architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the business and IT are in alignment. The enterprise architect links the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
Some of the responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals;
• Optimization of information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities;
• Long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems;
• Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies;
• Work with solutions architect(s) to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs;
• Management of the risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies;
• Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise; and
• Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering/any related field.
• Candidates with TOGAF, ITIL or Project Management certification would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 6-8 years experience in related areas.
• Exposure to a range of industries would be ideal, but not essential. Likely industry exposure will include government and finance.
• Analytical and detail conscious.
• Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
• Knowledge of the business for which the enterprise architecture is being developed
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
• Knowledge of IT governance and operations
• Project and program management planning and organizational skills
• A team leader and support with good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Independent, self-motivated, organized and results oriented individual; capable of handling multiple tasks and achieving tight deadlines.
• Good command of English.