Platform Design Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Platform Design Lead (Platform Architect) will be a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall core platform framework design and implementation. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
The Role Responsibilities Drive Platform Architecture
Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
- Create application framework standards and architecture patterns across the entire stack.
- Oversee the application software design process.
- Drive proof of concept activities on new technologies that will deliver business value.
- Drive platform availability metrics: Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Fault Tolerance, Performance, Monitoring and Security
- Maintain and manage Architecture Design Records.
- Drive tech stack decisions and adoption.
- Help development teams align to architecture guidelines.
- Conduct regular support and training to delivery teams.
- Risk and Audit Continuous management of the Trade Application System risk
- Proactively identify issues and actions
- Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
- Awareness of the regulatory requirements and ensuring these are catered for in the platform design
- Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
- Capability development/mentor team members
Our Ideal Candidate Educational Qualification/Certification:
- Technology - Delivery Teams, Technical Architecture, Technical Services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Experience on building modern application architectures: cloud-native on-demand, distributed Microservice, CQRS/Event Sourcing and strong domain driven design skills.
- NoSQL and RDBMS (MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres, Elasticsearch etc).
- Information management and data processing on multiple platforms.
- Identifying Business Data Requirements
- Creation, Classification, and Maintenance of Architecture Design Patterns
- Messaging patterns and solutions
- Enterprise integration patterns
- Software Development
- Agile Development
- UI/UX Architecture
- Change Management
- Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD)
- Machine Learning/AI/NLP experience
- Relevant experience of 10+ years
- Banking/Fintech experience preferred
- Trade Finance domain experience preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.