Senior Associate/Assistant Manager/Manager (FRM) - Financial Risk Management
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice is a specialised service line of KPMG's Risk Consulting practice, focusing on financial risk management services for financial and non-financial institutions in Malaysia and the ASEAN region. FRM's core services are Basel related services, corporate treasury, valuation of financial instruments and risk modeling. The candidate should ideally have experience within the banking industry, with knowledge of and exposure to risk management functions. Experience in corporate treasury functions is also favorable.
• Work in a team, supporting the project manager in project management of client engagements.
• When required, to act as team leader in engagement teams, lead discussions with clients and guide junior team members.
• Assist in the preparation of client proposals.
• Support practice development initiatives such as research on recent regulatory developments, interpretation of standards and industry developments.
• Build, maintain and lead the development of innovative propositions.
• A Bachelor's or Post Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Business Management, Actuarial Science and/or other relevant disciplines.
• Relevant industry experience in the risk management or treasury functions of financial and non-financial institutions. Exposure to industries such as banking, finance and/or advisory would be an added advantage.
• Experience in developing risk governance, frameworks, policies, processes and procedures in the areas of capital management, credit, market, operational and liquidity risks.
• Exposure to and familiar with Basel II/III and Solvency II concepts and requirements.
• Project implementation and management skills. E.g. working in teams, adapting to different working environments, leading client discussions and presentation of proposals to stakeholders.
• Excellent command of English. E.g. communication, written and oral.
• Willing to travel and work long hours if required.