Senior Manager Branch Operations
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 13 déc. 17 2017-12-13
Senior Manager Branch Operations
1. Responsible for defining and examining, and where appropriate, re-engineering key business processes, procedures and systems for Branches and Branch Operations Centre (BOC).
2. Responsible to deliver operational excellence for process management with the objective of increasing Customer & Frontline Experience
3. Responsible for improving and streamlining processes relating to process / products / services in Branches.
4. Responsible to provide process& project support and proactive guidance to Branches on the following:
• Any rollout of new policy and process standard
• Banking System implementation
5. Responsible to identify and mitigate risks that would impact the overall process failure and success
6. Responsible to make use of technology solutions and information management solutions within SCB to the advantage of re-engineering projects and able to integrate capabilities as part of process design
7. Responsible to provide training, coaching and consultative advisory relating to the process management discipline and methodology.
Franchise Building & Customer Experience
• Make use of technology solutions within SCB to the advantage of re-engineering projects and integrate capabilities as part of process design to enhance customer experience
• Make use of information management solutions within SCB and integrate capabilities as part of process design
• Coach, mentor and accredit on process management discipline and methodology
• Leverage on business strategy to redesign process and approach in meeting Bank's objectives
• Liaise with various departments to ensure that processes are integrated across the business and adopted correctly
• Assist various channels in resolution of specific business or procedural issues across departments
• Tactical Problem Solving for Complaints / Process Gaps
• Responsive & Commitment to End to End problem resolution
• To identify and mitigate risks that would impact the overall process failure and success.
Leadership & People
• Participate in multiple projects and tasks at any one time
• Be a problem solver with flexibility, vision, resourcefulness and drive
Compliance & Control
• Ensure that all new process guidelines/re-engineering comply with Group compliance standards, MLP policy, Group KYC risk base standards and regulatory requirements.
1. Expert knowledge of process management discipline and methodology
2. Good computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Words)
3. Meticulous with excellent written, verbal communication and listening skills
4. Relevant working knowledge of banking operations practices and products as well as support structure.
5. Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with everyone in the Bank.
6. A high degree of team building and facilitation; good communication and interpersonal skills in driving discussions/decisions
7. Excellent team player and change agent. Matured, calm and confident with ability to perform under pressure.
8. A strong sense of commitment, maturity, a high level of integrity and possession of good leadership qualities with sound process / analytical and Conceptual skills.
9. Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all Suspicious Transactions to the Line Manager.
10. Detailed understanding of relevant Group and local policies and standards and apply according to own area of work.
11. Basic knowledge in Group compliance standards, MLP policy, Group KYC risk base standards and regulatory requirements
12. Basic awareness of reputational risks and the actions associated with it.
Branches, BOC, Retail Client Assurance, Retail Client Segment, Business Client Segment, CC and CIC Segments, GTO, FCC, L&C and GSSC, GIA.
• IS & IT personnel (Local and Group)
External where necessary
• Outsource Vendors
• Bank Negara Malaysia
• Close liaison with internal customers before implementation of system / process / policy change within Retail Client.
• Training, coaching and consultative advisory on pre and post implementation of projects relating to the process and procedures.
• Operational risk management, money laundering prevention, compliance and financial crime issues.
• Understanding of system flow, design and architecture to establish the end to end process flow.
• Product/system implementation, enhancement, user requirements and reporting requirements.
• Provide user requirements / consultative advisory on outsourcing of Banks' functions.
• Audit and reviews
• Inspection and regulatory requirements
1. Exercise a high degree of self initiative in discharging key responsibilities. However, reference should be made to Head, Branch Operations and Service on processes that impacts Branches, Customer Service or project scope, schedule or cost.
2. Achievement of Branch Process Improvement Objectives / KPIs (Improvement in TAT / Touch Time / Yield)
3. Deliver on KPIs within stipulated implementation timelines
4. Process Governance ensuring all processes improved / design are in line with compliance / operational risk / regulatory requirements
5. Documentation of process guides, operating manuals are accurate, complete and timely circulated to related stakeholders for references for any change in processes, system enhancements or new products launched.
6. Completion of projects/assignment timely and completely.
7. Cross team collaboration and leadership skills - proactive engagement with Business Unit Head and all responsible persons in the unit.
8. Effectiveness of the control and monitoring of Operational risk, compliance risk and money laundering prevention at the business unit level.
9. Satisfactory results on audit undertaken by Group Audit, FSA, regulators and external auditors.
10. Timely reporting and escalation of all operational risk exposures.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.