About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Test Engineer is responsible for planning the test execution plans and ensuring that test execution tasks are executed accordingly. They are responsible for precise execution and validation of test results. They must work closely with development teams to bring closure of application fixes. They will work under senior supervision to carry out procedures and execute testing to ensure that the application meeting project engagement and requirements. The Role Responsibilities Project Test Delivery
Process and Compliance
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities as per engagement in the test project.
- Accountable for assigned project deliverables, including accurate test reporting to the lead.
- Working closely with the application team to understand project requirements.
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, and execute test cases (where applicable).
- Identify test environment requirements and liaise (and coordinate) with staff in testing support.
- Ensure work done according to the test schedule.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and update of the project in relation to the test quality/execution.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of delivery of testing assignments.
- Report and update test status promptly and accurately.
- Able to work as a team and be proactive in providing out-of-the box solution if required.
Customer and Service Focus
- Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within the test team, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by SDF).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Able to manage multiple projects whilst still ensuring process compliance and deliverables are adhere to.
- Field of Study - Computer Science /Information Technology / Banking
- Good testing/development and analytical skill.
- Good writing, communication and comprehension skills.
- Good understanding of and experience in AGILE projects. Have experience involved end-to-end test (UT, SIT, UAT, OAT, etc)
- Minimum 1 year of testing experience is preferably
- Possess development and banking knowledge is a plus.
- Advance in writing SQL queries.
- Familiar with Teradata Database or similar technology.
- Familiar with ETL test process and Hadoop.
- Familiar with SAS can be considered.
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence.
- Familiar with Enterprise Data Warehouse is a plus.
- Develop and execute the Automation Framework especially complimenting Data Warehouse domain is a plus
- Familiar with Testing tools such as Selenium Cucumber, Loadrunner, QTP & etc would be a plus
- Test management experience
- ISTQB Certification - Foundation
- Development and Support experience in the Data warehouse is welcome
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.