Internal Control Officer
- Amersfoort, Utrecht, Pays-Bas
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
Developing the Internal Control Framework, ensuring guidelines set on European level are being met up and educating others on internal control. This is the challenge we offer for our new Dutch speaking Internal Control Officer at Renewi! Are you ready to join our mission to waste no more?
Role: Internal Control Officer (Dutch speaking)
Your challenge as Renewi’s Internal Control Officer
In this challenging role with good growth opportunities you will be supporting process owners to maintain and in some cases (re)design the internal control framework. Of course, you will not be doing this alone! You will work closely with both the Group Team and the Division Teams.
In this role you also contribute to the success of the department by input to the internal control and audit policies and procedures. You will be based in the Netherlands, but you are able to frequently travel the country, but also travel to Belgium and occasionally the UK. The position offers an overview of the whole Group as part of a small HQ team. You report directly to the Internal Control & Audit Manager.
As Renewi is a listed company in the UK an efficient and compliant environment is crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and essential within the finance organisation.
How will you contribute to our “waste no more” mission?
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
- Responsible for the development of the Internal Control Framework across Renewi. Review existing controls in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Preparation and analysis of the reports on the execution of the controls and compliance with the Internal Control Framework. Results are shared, discussed and followed up with Division teams and Group Team. Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps.
- Verify compliance with the key control framework and relevant policies by performing internal reviews, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Where needed action plans or improvement project are initiated in collaboration with the Internal Control & Audit Manager and Division Teams.
We are Renewi
Renewi plc created in 2017 by the merger of Shanks Group plc and Van Gansewinkel Groep B.V., is a €1.7bn revenue international waste-to-product business. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE250 index. With over 8,000 employees in Europe and North America, we have deep expertise and an extensive breadth of waste management products and services. Our vision is to be the leading waste-to-product company. We are ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources. Our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
What we think you need to successfully fulfill this role:
Master degree in Economics or another Finance related field
- 5 years relevant experience in finance or auditing. either within a (Big 4) audit firm and/or in an international corporate environment.
- Prior experience within Risk & Compliance or Internal Control role, finance experience is preferred.
- Analytical, structured, energetic, pragmatic and organised with attention to detail.
- Able to build processes and lay foundations with a passion for continuous improvement
- Willing and able to partner with a hands-on mentality and a self-starter
- Good project management skills
- And maybe most important an open mind-set and willing to learn
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate across various levels within the Group
Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbally and written (French is a plus)
Of course we offer you a competitive salary for this role based on education and experience. But we do not only compensate our employees with monetary rewards. We also consider it important for our people to continue to grow. That is why we invest in our employees to develop themselves in a challenging and varied job, within an organisation that keeps moving. We have a flat organisation structure which helps the short lines of communication. Because of these short lines the atmosphere is open and informal.
Do you have what it takes to make a change?
Respond immediately via the 'Apply' button. Would you like some information first? Please contact Christel Jongh, Manager Recruitment, tel: +31 (0)4075 14000.
Is this job description is not for you, but do you know someone who would fit perfectly? Send him/her this vacancy.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Controller, Financial Analyst, Risk & Compliance Officer, Dutch