API Market Support Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Position: BrokerTec API Support
Department: BrokerTec (NEX Markets)
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Direct Reports: None
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, either 7am - 3.30pm or 10am - 6pm including bank holidays (with flexibility where needed)
Vacancy Type: Permanent
NEX Group plc offers customers better ways to execute trades and manage risk. Our products and services underpin the entire trade lifecycle pre-, during and post-execution. Our electronic trading platforms are industry standards. Customers use our lifecycle management and information services to optimise portfolios, control risk and reduce costs. We partner with emerging technology companies to bring greater efficiency, transparency and scale to the world's capital markets. NEX is headquartered in London with offices worldwide.
BrokerTec operates within NEX Markets, helping clients access liquidity and execute efficiently. We operate at the heart of the fixed income global markets providing electronic trading technology and services. We offer access to multiple execution options, valuable liquidity from diverse sources and help execute transactions efficiently. Our financial technology, platforms and products are continuously evolving to meet the needs of a globally diverse community of professional traders who depend upon our services. For more information, please visit www.nexmarkets.com
This role sits within the BrokerTec department and the person in this role will act as first line support for the BrokerTec API community. A key responsibility will be to manage incoming issues and work together with the API Vendors to ensure incidents and requests are handled in a timely fashion.
- Work as part of the BrokerTec Market Support team supporting all BrokerTec users, both internally and externally
- Work with Vendors to ensure any BrokerTec upgrades are supported in the API space
- Work with BrokerTec Sales on all upgrades and new initiatives
- Provide constant communication as to where Clients are in their development and support of new products
- Log issues with Front End and Back End developers to ensure any system issues are raised and fixed in a timely manner
- Provide support for users experiencing connectivity issues
- Provide API Technical and Product support to the BrokerTec CLOB and BrokerTec Quote trading community, including MiFID II Conformance tests
- Build on existing API relationships to ensure new Products and initiatives are supported
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Delivering Business Success - Using Market/Technical Knowledge. Regarded by clients and the business as an expert and use this expertise to enhance the performance and reputation of the business whilst remaining up to date with external market, technical and professional development
- Working with People - Working Together. Works sensitively with others and shares openly information and knowledge with the appropriate people at the right time. Encourages a co-operative team approach to handle workloads and overcome difficulties and maintains continuous dialogue with unit members as appropriate
- Delivering Business Success - Desiring Quality. Pays attention to detail, checks own work for accuracy and quality and takes personal responsibility for achieving quality standards. Sets goals and targets for self which improve upon previous performance and constantly strive to exceed existing quality and service standards
Knowledge & experience:
- FIX API knowledge
- Working as part of a support team
Special Job Requirements:
- A shift rota is used to support the Market