Client Experience Management Vice President - AMS
Description About this role
Client Experience Management - Vice President BlackRock Overview:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and an outstanding provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches sought at improving out performance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @BlackRock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Our mission is to create a better financial future for our clients. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is based on respect, inclusion, diversity but also challenge and stretch and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We can promise you fun, fast paced work environment, offer competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role in pursuit of your aspirations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value inclusion and diversity at BlackRock. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Business Unit Overview:
The Netherlands Client Experience Management (CEM) team is passionate on ensuring BlackRock delivers outstanding client experience. We work directly with clients and with internal partners to meet our clients' needs, navigating BlackRock's internal organization to ensure we seek clients' requirements in a commercially appropriate way while mitigating risk for clients and the firm.
Together with BlackRock's client business teams, we own and represent internally the client intent for new business/changing requirements and develop our awareness of industry trends, to drive improvements to our service preposition.
CEM are responsible for the ongoing service relationship with our clients, representing their needs to BlackRock operational teams and, vice- versa, representing capabilities to clients. The team provides specialist consultancy on operational service matters, both internally and with clients, and acts as a key authority in the client solution sales and implementation process.
As part of this, CEM invests in partnerships with local industry participants such as clients' outsourced service providers to drive better outcomes for our clients and for BlackRock. In addition, CEM continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends and positions BlackRock as the class leader in service quality.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Netherlands CEM Team Client working alongside one other Client Experience Manager, responsible for supporting several strategic clients and delivering high quality, seamless service across all Dutch business channels (Institutional, Retail, Family Office). The role is based in Amsterdam and the successful candidate will report into the CEM Team Lead Director.
We are looking for people who are:
- Own the overall operational client service experience in partnership with the Client Business throughout the client lifecycle.
- Own and evolve the core operational service offering in partnership with operational groups across the firm and our key third party providers.
- Build familiarity with BlackRock's existing products and operational capabilities to aid query resolution and to assist with the design and delivery of external communications.
- Be an operational thought leader for our clients.
- Provides operational support and guidance to the sales process where appropriate (e.g. operational input into RFPs, pitch participation, operational content in new business due diligence process etc);
- Connects the client, Relationship Manager and broader organisation to ensure efficient delivery of client change activities (including new mandates). A key contact for OnBoarding Implementation manager to ensure that client intent is fully understood;
- Point of escalation for operational issues for RM/Client;
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies and own resolution, working with the appropriate internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely and accurate response;
- Champion awareness and knowledge sharing of business operations service and functions;
- Curious - like to learn new things and outsmart the problem
- Brave - are happiest outside of the comfort zone
- Passionate - feel personal ownership for their work and an aspiration to be better
- Open - value and respect input from others
- Experimental - like to innovate and self-develop
Skills & Qualifications:
- Fluent professional Dutch & English Verbal and written skills
- Strong client service skills, including responsiveness, issue resolution, root cause analysis and process improvement, with a passion for delivering service excellence
- Robust interpersonal skills and be confident, friendly and respectful individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable liaising with both BlackRock's clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with a thirst and aptitude for problem solving and willingness to go the deliver positive outcomes
- Accountable, motivated, diligent and results driven work ethic
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and control their own priorities to meet deadlines
- A desire to be a phenomenal teammate, able to integrate and build rapport quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Information Technology skills
- Independent thinker with high level of integrity.
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Professional qualifications an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.