Systems Performance Engineer
- Amsterdam, Hollande-Septentrionale, Pays-Bas
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IMC financial markets
- 19 sept. 17
IMC– Where Technology drives Trading Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win. Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
SYSTEMS PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING AT IMC:
- IMC is currently looking for a multi-talented and passionate hands-on System Performance Engineer to play a critical role in analyzing, optimizing, and continuously tune the complete trading stack, in order to improve performance of our low latency trading systems on financial exchanges.
- As a performance engineer, you will interact heavily with other teams and be exposed to low latency technologies such as microwave links and FPGAs that are being used by thousands of trading applications daily.
- Your primary source of information are full network captures that amount to terabytes of data per day. All these must be reliably captured, stored on an accessible medium, decoded and analyzed in order to find patterns, provide answers, verify theories and assumptions.
- You will also be given the opportunity to try in a real environment any innovative state-of-the-art technology, be it in early initial commercialization phases or via collaboration with Universities / Research centers. This is done by implementing quick internal prototypes of early alpha versions that access both their latency improvements and their real-world applicability.
- Prototyping: be able to quickly try-out many Ideas, Solutions and Technologies… all at the same time.
- Automation: be able to fully automate all Measurement, Data collection and Analysis via scripting
- Measurement: be a latency measurement detective; think Sherlock Holmes and the case of the missing packet sniffer microsecond
- Communication: be able to share / route the appropriate level of information with both traders and other sister IT teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Knowledge: Excellent understanding of computer internals, networking and Linux (at least two out of three). Skilled in reverse engineering techniques.
- Scripting: Fluency on Python, skilled in Bash (in order to optimize “programmer time”, if necessary at the expense of “computer time”).
- Personality: Inquisitive mind, love solving brain teasers. After internal training, being able to work self-sufficiently with minimal guidance.
- Experience: typically MSc + 5 years work experience. Preference to a “T-shaped profile” that mixes both wide + deep skills on a need basis.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.