Finance Business Analyst - Data Management
- Le Helder, Hollande-Septentrionale, Pays-Bas
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 oct. 18
Finance Business Analyst - Data Management
Your new job!
The Finance COO department delivers Finance-related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, country CFOs and Wholesale Banking, Risk, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for accounting, reporting, utilities, data foundation and business advice services, including system, process, data and information management and analytics capabilities. By design, the services are reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the Finance strategy and implementation and decommissioning roadmap..
We are looking for a Business Analyst for the Data Foundation Tribe.
The Data Foundation tribe provides Finance & Risk with relevant, correct and harmonised data for its processing and to enable the change from report-driven to data-driven, while also enabling ING Finance & Risk to manage its end-to-end data flow in a structured and standardised way.
What you will be doing
You analyse complex Finance business issues which exceeds Squads and/or Tribe, for the purpose of bringing complete solutions for the requested change.
As a Data Foundation business analyst you will be working on the data management capability of the FCOO organisation. Data definition, data mapping, data lineage data quality, data governance are the areas of focus.
You deliver excellent substantiated analysis using the latest state of the art techniques and tools which lead to functional designs that cover all change deliverables focued . You are focused on data analysis, modelling, mapping and quality, and the translation to solutions that work.
You support the Finance Journey Expert (FJE) and take care of the coordination of the content between the different FJE's and specialists from the different domains. You ensure that all requirements of all relevant stakeholders are acknowledged in the analyses and the different solution designs.
You support Tribes and squads to take decisions by presenting the different (functional and solution) design alternatives and their impact in a clear way. You guarantee that the business requirements and non-functional requirements are translated to the IT Solution requirements.
You co-operate with (IT)-architects and -specialists to arrive at a suitable IT solution. Therefore you make a number of coherent analysis:
- Requirements analysis : You elicit sets of coherent requirements. You take care that the requirements are complete, consistent, of good quality and that they are translated correctly in the design and are maintained and if necessary are adjusted if changes occur. You support the product owners and the squads in managing the backlog by translating and prioritizing the epics to features and together with the squad into user stories.
- Data Analysis and Technical Review: collect and analyze data, define complex technical reviews, execute data quality checks, measure & report data quality issues, resolve errors and structurally improve data quality
- Data Management: define and manage data elements and quality criteria, analyse data flow (enrichments, transformation, ...) from sourcing to output, keep documentation and share knowledge
- Data Quality Improvement : define solutions to tackle data quality issues, work with IT to implement, put in place new working methods or update processes with process owners, guarantee follow up
- Process analysis: You analyse the current situation, the problems that occur and the underlying causes. Based on these analysis you provide clear process designs
- Information analysis: You analyse the necessary input, output and adjustment of data in the client processes. You analyse the information need. You investigate the quality of the captured data and come up with solutions to improve the quality.
- Risk analysis: You can translate the policy and regulation of ORM, Compliance and Legal to design solutions.
Besides these analysis your work includes:
- You are able to explain and present the solutions clearly to stakeholders and receive their input and feedback. You provide them with (functional and solution) design alternatives and their impact on which decisions can be made.
- Results of the analysis are captured in the chosen standards through which the implicit is made explicit (BABOK standards).
- Your analysis are executed with the support of Business Analysis products as domain models, logical data models, impact analysis, feasibility studies etc.
- You substantiate choices and options on preferred solution(s) by drafting alternatives, feasibility studies, impact analysis, decision sheets and business cases.
- You support the delivery of solutions with an iterative and incremental agile approach by cooperating in refining the roadmap for overall solution(s) with partial deliveries (releases, minimal viable products) and by adjusting requirements and designs based on measurable experiences and feedback.
- You support the verification and validation of solutions by analysing and setting up acceptance criteria based on the requirements and by defining of scenario's and use cases.
- You help to translate solution design into training material- and work instructions for employees.
- You introduce knowledge of best practices from inside and outside ING. You contribute to an optimal re-use of solutions.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic professional with a passion for optimising user experiences. You are energised by working on concrete and tangible results in a complex and continuously changing environment.
You know exactly how to empathise with the needs of your users and translate this into standard and innovative products.
You have a clear vision on the area of expertise of the squad, including both excellent Finance knowledge and knowledge of business analysis techniques and methods. You have a strong drive to keep your expertise up to date and have the ambition to continuously improve yourself on a personal and professional level.
Your education, experience and background
- Dutch spoken and written skills should be fluently
- Professional and intellectual ability at least at academic level.
- University (Bachelor's/Master's) degree in econometrics, (business) informatics/ information science or a comparable field (e.g. technical business management)
- At least 2-5 years' proven track record in the business analysis field and/or proven Finance knowledge
- You are very analytical and take decisions based on data and facts.
- You are a strong communicator and can present your work in a clear manner.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile and the Lean way of working.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Dutch will be an asset).
- You actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback.
- Affinity with IT.
- You put your own interests second to the concern of the chapter and squad.
- You actively keep up your professional knowledge and have a clear vision on your area of expertise.
- You like to work in a multidisciplinary squad.
- You take responsibility to get the work done.
- You continuously improve the way you work and you strive to work as a high-performing team.
- You easily adapt to a new environment.
- You continuously improve yourself and you help your colleagues in their development by giving feedback.
To apply for this position you need to add a motivation letter. Applications without motivation letter will not be read. You also need to have the required skills mentioned in the jobdescription.
Location will be Amsterdam.