Finance COO Starter
- Le Helder, Hollande-Septentrionale, Pays-Bas Le Helder Hollande-Septentrionale NL
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 juin 18 2018-06-25
Finance COO Starter
If you are looking for a new challenge, you can kick-start your career with ING, bring your talent and gain unique experience in the Chief Operations Office of Finance (FCOO).
This is a one year programme with rotation of areas you will be involved in, where you will learn more about your chosen discipline, the financial services sector and yourself . Do you want to have an impact on not only the financial lives of approximately 9 million customers, but also the bank of the future? Then you may be the person we are looking for.
The world of banking is changing faster than ever which is why ING is always broadening the horizon. Our people have a forward-thinking mentality, a strong can-do spirit and enjoy working in an agile environment. This opportunity will give you an insight into the (future) world of financial services , how it operates and what challenges we face in this fast paced environment.
Are you an enthusiastic and energetic person with a passion for optimising user experiences? Are you energised by working on concrete and tangible results in a complex and continuously changing environment? Can you empathise with the requirements of your users and translate this into standard and innovative products? If so you could be involved in:
- the maintenance, development and realisation of (new) products/services for the users;
- setting (detailed) Finance requirements;
- executing acceptance and other testing, developing/maintaining documentation to clarify the working of functionality for end users, such as user manuals and Quick Reference Cards (QRCs);
- configuring business rules and building reports;
- translating (solution) designs into IT solutions (multiple assets);
- daily checking of EOD (timeliness, correctness, completeness, reconciliations, ledger);
- second-line support;
- on boarding activities: like standardisation and centralisation (business migrations)Do you get energy and drive from business analysis? Are you able to convincingly put forward your proposals? Are you a team player able to reach broad agreements with your colleagues? If so, you can contribute to delivering standardised, uniform, fully adapted solutions to complex Finance processes and be involved in:
- Analysis of the complex Finance business issues that go beyond squad and/or tribe boundaries, with a view to designing complete solutions for the requested change, translate business requirements and non-functional requirements into IT Solution requirements.
- Support the Finance Journey Expert (FJE) and take care of the coordination of content between the different FJEs and specialists from the different domains.
- Support tribes and squads in their decision-making by presenting the different (functional and solution) design alternatives and their impact in a clear way .
- Working together with (IT) architects and specialists to come up with a suitable IT solution. In doing so, you conduct a number of coherent analyses including requirements analysis, process analysis, information analysis and risk analysis.
We offer you an excellent basic salary for this starting position, a 13th month salary add on, paid annual leave and many training opportunities with the possibility of joining ING on a permanent contract. Above all we offer you the chance to shape your own ideas about modern banking in a receptive environment and the opportunity to make banking simpler and more transparent for our customers. Together with the team expert you will have the possibility to develop and apply your knowledge, talent, experience and ideas to help ING move forward.
As a starter you will receive guidance from your line manager, Agile Coach and team experts. They will coach you, inspire you and share their knowledge and insights with you.
You may want to join one of the following Tribes:
- Accounting: this tribe enables the organisation to manage its ongoing financial records in compliance with the latest standards including efficient and straight-through processing of journal entries.
- Business Advice: this tribe provides accurate and timely financial and statistical information, which is required for management reporting to assist the business with advice and information for planning, performance evaluation and operational control.
- Data Foundation: this tribe provides Finance & Risk with relevant, correct and harmonised data for its processing and to enable the change from report-driven to data-driven, while also enabling ING Finance & Risk to manage its end-to-end data flow in a structured and standardised way.
- Statutory and Regulatory Reporting: this tribe delivers on-time, transparent and standardised solutions in accordance with the standards set by external local and central regulators and auditors, meeting our minimum control requirements.
- Utilities: this tribe provides standardised processes and tooling for Cost Accounting, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Travel
What do we ask of you?
- You have a master degree from a university, preferably in Accountancy & Control, (Business) Economics, Finance, Business Administration or Management Studies;
- You're interested in the financial services sector, have an innovative take on banking and a drive to turn your ideas into reality;
- You have gained some experience through various extracurricular activities;
- You are enthusiastic and consider the interests of our customers and your colleagues alike;
- You are very analytical and take decisions based on data and facts;
- You are a strong communicator and can present your work in a clear manner;
- You are willing to learn the Agile and the Lean way of working, work in a multidisciplinary squad and continuously improve yourself;
- You actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback;
- You take responsibility to get the work done following the set standards;
- You easily adapt to a new environment:
For more information please contact Arthur Krovka at email@example.com