Mainly responsible for managing the company’s investment portfolios. Oversees a team of professionals who have responsibilities such as managing and monitoring investment activity, managing mutual funds with fund managers, working with external analysts, and maintaining good investor relations. They also develop short-term and long-term investment policies.
Business Unit / Function: FINANCE
Reporting Line: CFO
Number of Direct report: 5
- Provide advice and recommendations to the board on potential ways the investment strategy and policy may change.
- Help navigate challenging market cycles, wherein yields remain low for extended periods, to uphold the fiscal security of the organization.
- Develop and maintain efficient relationship with investment departments and ensure compliance to all policies and laws.
- Monitor all investments for organization and ensure efficiency in working.
- Analyze all client requirements and determine appropriate investment strategies for organization and develop investment team to handle all work of organization.
- Provide expert knowledge on all investment and financial activities for project, manage project portfolio and evaluate efficient working of staff.
- Review all performance of investment portfolio and prepare required report for management in accordance to company policies.
- Provide an interface with Investment Committee and recommend new and changes to existing investment policies and submit it for approval.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on all market securities plans and manage all portfolio management products.
- Hire and train all employees in investment activities, evaluate performance and resolve all issues in same.
Key Stakeholders: Internal and External. Local and Regional Offices
Experience & Qualification:
- Has at least 15 years relevant work experience, and within that: min 3 yrs experience in Philippine insurance industry; min 5 years work experience in a financial institution in senior leadership role
- Has experience managing a team
- Effective in communicating with and influencing senior management and Board of Directors, the business units and regulators (BSP and IC)