Equity Data Management Analyst - Manila
The Equity Data Management (EDM) organization is responsible for providing data content and services in a SLA driven environment for MSCI tools that fuels investment decisions. Our data serves as the core foundation for our Index, risk and analytics business. Our services focus on working with research, analytics and other downstream teams on the production and development of our proprietary risk and factor model. In addition, we provide support to our sales team, consultants and client relations teams with client inquiries on content. Scope of Responsibility
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in financial markets and concepts as well as knowledge of various financial instruments. The candidate needs to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy. The candidate must be a self-starter who is proactive and assertive. Member of a highly skilled team of Equity Data Specialists that solves complex problems involving but not limited to the following:
- Equity price, volume and other time series data
- Issuer and Issue data and corporate action
- Exchange and vendor data feeds and symbology
- Equity index constituents, performance and analytics
- Provide second level escalation point for client inquiries on index and equities data
- Becoming a financial market expert focusing on equities markets and indices
- Perform in depth analysis of data, analytics and workflows in order to improve processes and/or develop new work tools in collaboration with Tech and Development teams
- Collaborating across a global organization to service both internal and external clients in a shared services environment
- Partnering with our coverage organization to service first-rate clientele including many of the world's central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds, and corporations.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or Mathematics
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience
- Above average knowledge of financial markets
- Experience working with IT teams, basic coding skillsets to build Proof of Concept models.
- Solid background in Excel and experience knowledge of SQL preferred
- Exposure to different work shifts and schedules (but NO US night shift)
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.