Fin Rep & Analysis Analyst
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
The Capital Markets Accounting Operations Center of Excellence was established to bring the controller activities into one centralized team within the Controllers division that delivers expertise on anything and everything that touches the ledger. This team focuses on reconciliations and controls on fixed income, securities, and derivatives for Traded Products. The group performs reconciliations of books and records across Well Fargo Securities supporting the corporate general ledger, stock record, depositories, custodial positions, and SEC/regulatory reporting. About the Role
The Securities Operations and Accounting (SOA) Group in the Controllers Division/Corporate Finance is
seeking a highly motivated senior accountant to join our Simcorp Accounting Team. SOA is responsible for the accounting, settlement, processing and reporting related to a wide array of products including the firm's available for sale investment and held to maturity securities portfolio, debt issuances and related hedges, intercompany loan structures, parent company and affiliate cash movements, and internal loan participations. Responsibilities
- Performing review of accounting results, monitoring transaction and data interface status in the system, processing G/L entries and cash movements, and maintaining accounting policy and procedure documents.
- Requires effective interaction with multiple groups including SOA Static Data, SOA Control and Analysis, system technicians, tax personnel, front and middle office personnel, GL controllers, etc.
- Responsible for providing accounting expertise, monitoring, problem solving and maintenance of various investment portfolio security products maintained in our application system (Simcorp).
- Works with others to ensure the products are properly accounted for in Simcorp and researches and resolves issues that arise. This position requires strong knowledge of various security types and an understanding of accounting for available for sale and held to maturity securities under ASC 320.
- Focuses on providing accounting expertise and oversight within the Simcorp accounting team.
- Involves in the development and review of accounting for system enhancements and development.
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications
- Candidates must be a CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in accounting preferably in AFS\\HTM Accounting and securities products, US Regulatory Reporting, US Financial Services and reconciliation/validation.
- Experience with Simcorp Dimension, Oracle and Essbase is a plus.
- Experience with reconciliations and the month end general ledger close process.
- Familiarity in portfolio or securities accounting such as securities, commodities, investment funds, derivatives and especially foreign exchange
- Must have in-depth background in compiling and analyzing financial information in preparing entries to accounts, such as general ledgers and document business transactions.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Ability to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Must be able to establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Candidates must be willing to work in midshift/night shifts, or weekends/holidays if deemed necessary by the business
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.