To achieve annual growth targets for the non-life business unit (facultative and treaty) by ensuring retention of existing accounts and acquisition of new ones through the development and implementation of proactive marketing strategies and offering excellent service to ceding companies and retrocessionaires. Responsible for the development and implementation of plans and strategies, and ensuring the effective delivery of services to clients, in order to achieve the Company’s short and long-term growth and profitability targets.
Key Results :
Plans & Programs, Compliance, Client Services, Process Improvement, Team/Staff Development, Budget and Resources
- Prepares an annual plan mapping out specific targets for generating growth and improving profitability for the non-life segment of the Company’s reinsurance business; submits plans to top management for review and approval.
- Develops action plans with individual unit heads for achieving production targets in facultative and treaty businesses; monitors progress of implementation and institutes adjustments as necessary to achieve targets.
- Spearheads the overall marketing effort through active networking with insurers and other reinsurers, attendance at, or organization of, business conferences or other activities to establish the Company’s visibility.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies and procedures, and responsible for the resolution of identified compliance issues.
- Constantly reviews products and services to ensure relevance to clients, improve client service efficiency and enhance customer intimacy.
- Constantly reviews work processes and controls to enhance operating efficiency and ensure adherence to risk selection and underwriting guidelines.
- Skills – Interpersonal Relations/ People Skills. Communication – includes listening and presentation skills as well as verbal and written communication skills. Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making
- At least 7yrs of experience in any line of insurance business, 4yrs of which should be in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, economics, engineering or other fields of study preferably with a Master’s degree