Audit Manager - AML/Financial Crime, AVP
Who we are looking for
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you interested in identifying and helping to mitigate complex application and infrastructure risks? Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges? If so, then we may have the solution for you. Why this role is important to us
As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for What you will be responsible for
As the Audit Manager in AML/Financial Crime area, you will be responsible amongst others for:
What we value
- Plan and manage teams of audit professionals and contracted resources in executing all phases and key milestones of an assigned audit/review
- Manage on-site project teams in documenting audit activities in accordance with professional standards and ensuring documentation meets high quality standards
- Supervise and direct the execution of risk and control assessments
- Supervise effective and efficient testing of key controls
- Review documentation of audit work and conclusion of audit tests results and overall effectiveness of controls
- Draft audit reports in accordance with Division standards to clearly communicate key risks and core audit issues
- Work in partnership with business area management to communicate expectations and manage any project issues that may arise throughout the audit
- Escalate audit issues to senior management and interact with business line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems
- Provide ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation to staff
- Prepare and deliver assignment and periodic constructive feedback to assigned team members through performance evaluations in-line with Division standards
- Assist with audit planning and risk assessments
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform other duties as required
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Financial Crime in particular in the area of UK regulatory requirements for Anti Money Laudering and Financial Crime
- Strong auditing skills, and a good knowledge of the key regulations and current regulatory developments relevant to State Street's businesses.
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in new and changing situations as well as being able support the overall team.
- A range of personal attributes, including being collaborative, determined, energetic, inquisitive, intelligent and articulate;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to effectively communicate with senior leaders within business divisions; and
- Fluency in English - written and spoken;
- Internal Audit and relevant Financial Crime experience in financial services industry (5+ years) as a minimum
- Degree-level education and a relevant professional qualification with post-qualified experience.
- An understanding of key regulations impacting State Street businesses.
What We Offer:
- Travel up to 20% may be required.
- Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus.
About State Street: What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Additional holiday days
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.