Client Service Operations Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Work Environment:
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Client Service Operations Specialists (A1, A2).
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of the team goals and approach to business, based on a clear understanding of the client requirements.
- Agree goals for team annually and keep up to date on the Performance Management System during the year.
- Monitor and appraise performance of the team - providing regular formal and informal feedback and ensuring the Performance Management System is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in and support company committees and initiatives.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service provided to the assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective actions, keeping the team and the Officer informed of the issue. Record issues in the issue log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to the Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on the processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record errors in the error log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to the Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and, where necessary, contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Maintain close contact with the local managers, briefing them on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in the Donor Sites.
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided to the Direct Reports as and when required.
- Understanding of the asset management industry/Finance environment.
- Broad understanding of standards, and technology.
- Any project-management education or experience would be desirable.
- Past client service experience would be advantageous.
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable.
- Must be able to manage team deadlines to provide deliverables.
- Attention to details.
- Understanding of the importance of effective communications to clients.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using MS Office.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written.
- Methodical and organized.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative.
- Good management skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- French language advanced skills (writing + speaking) - for French Teams only.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.