Database Developer, Officer
State Street Bank is looking for a Database Developer (DEV DBA) to help analyze various development related sql activities for implementing trade cost analysis / risk and portfolio management solutions across a wide range of asset classes and markets.
With over one trillion in processed securities, State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) is responsible for the delivery of risk reports primarily to funds of hedge funds and institutional clients. Such reports contain mainly model analytics, risk statistics, stress test. These analytics are produced through State Street's proprietary software, truView, and its pricing models.
Person joining the team will be expected to work on the following modules- projects:
- Risk Management / Portfolio / Performance
- Analyzing and developing various reporting / simulation / Processing positions related queries and optimizing it.
- Changing the logic of the non performing the queries
- Reviewing long running queries and suggesting an improvement and fixing it ongoing basis.
- Developing / Helping in analysis of the new architectural changes for any of the db related activities
- Administer source control of production schemas and development schemas.
- Administer versioning of schemas.
- Provide administration of development, testing and staging servers.
- Monitor and troubleshoot development, testing and staging servers for deadlocks, performance issues and resource issues.
- Prepare test datasets including redacting live data or using data generation tools.
- Prepare deployment scripts and producing deployment plans.
- Create unit tests for stored procedures including set-up and tear-down operations for continuous testing and integration.
- Performance tune queries and offer expertise on set-based operations.
- Offer consulting on optimal architecture and data models and improve sp performance
- Perform business requirement analysis, project management, support and other duties consistent with this level of responsibility.
- At least 2 to 4 + year of experience in Database design / Architecture
- In depth knowledge of Sql server 2017 2014
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SSRS
- Must know how to optimize and improve the performance of the various long running queries
- Recommend best practices / changes for the SPs/tables / Data ware house
- Understand the data requirements, ETL layer and tools familiarity (data transformation / extraction)
- Experience working in technology driven environment.
- Agile experience is a plus.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway