European Shareholder Services Specialist with State Street Global Advisors
Who we are looking for
The role of the European Shareholder Services Specialist is to connect the Clients and Portfolio Managers by ensuring that instructions received are processed in line with procedures. This position requires attention to detail, ability to manage several workflows and priorities. It provides insight into the core operation of State Street Global Advisors with exposure to Clients, Portfolio Managers and other departments.
This role is based in Krakow, Poland and will support Shareholder Services functions in London and Dublin. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As European Shareholder Services Specialist you will
What we value
- Process subscription and redemption activity into systems.
- Ensure all instructions received from Clients are aligned with SSGA's instruction procedures and security controls.
- Investigate any reconciliation exceptions related to subscription and redemption activity.
- Conduct Anti-money laundering / suspicious activity monitoring controls.
- Analyze data and design reports
- Implement and maintain standard operating processes and procedures.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Collaborate with team members in other sites to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share standard methodology.
- Participate in key projects to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills and organized approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good oral and written English and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Very good English, other languages an advantage.
About State Street What we do.
- Industry experience within Investment Operations or Transfer Agency function is desirable
- Programming skills (VBA)
- Readiness to work in a shift pattern (between 9 AM CET to 6.30 PM CET)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers