Procurement Manager - Category Management, Assistant Vice President
Working with the GMBH Procurement Manager and the EMEA Regional Category teams partnering on contract execution at a country level and managing requirements related to individual countries specifically to optimize total cost of ownership (TCO) and deliver improved value for money/cost savings. The individual will focus on strategic sourcing execution, internal relationship management, delivering cost reductions and contract negotiations.
- Support the business through the complete procurement process and help drive Sourcing Projects and contract negotiation process for the organization.
- Support negotiations across Regional or Global deals some of which will be complex, high impact situations involving business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed and used consistently throughout the acquisition process to identify and mitigate 3rd party risk.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and senior management on sourcing opportunities, functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines as well as the commercial obligations of their vendor agreements.
- Collaborate with Business and Legal to obtain beneficial commercial and legal terms, mitigate business risk and set priorities for contract execution.
- Proactively manage vendors through the contract lifecycle by monitoring their fulfillment of obligations and services and by performing benchmarking through scorecards, performance metrics and other means.
- Communicate, incorporate and execute senior management and department level vision, strategy, and business objectives.
- Maintain contracts and contract data in globally centralized contract management and expense databases, and ensure colleagues and business partners are trained appropriately on sourcing tools and the contract workflow.
- Track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 8+ years' Procurement experience
- Must be fluent in English with additional language a benefit (Italian preferred)
- Negotiation experience a benefit.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
- Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.