Quality Assurance Specialist, Senior Associate
Senior Associate - Quality Assurance over Regulatory Reporting
The Financial and Regulatory Assurance (FRA) group is a second line of defense group in the Controller's Organization within Corporate Finance. The Regulatory Assurance team is responsible for the independent verification of controls and processes over global regulatory reporting, including Basel, CCAR and RRP, and areas of high risk and enhanced regulatory focus. The primary focus of the team is the review and assessment of the quality of information pertaining to reporting and compliance with relevant regulations and the assessment of relevant risk management programs. The team works closely with other functions across Finance, Global Treasury, Risk Management and Business Units, as well as other assurance functions. This is an opportunity to join a growing group and actively participate in its development and maturity, to learn about key current regulatory requirements and gain an understanding of all areas of the company's business. Key responsibilities:
- Document testing results in work papers
- Assisting with risk assessments to identify areas requiring detailed testing
- Provide effective messaging and communication
- Work with senior team members to support ad-hoc activities
- Participate in QA reviews, by conducting walkthroughs and performing control and sample data testing
- Assess and detail test the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Assist in the identification and risk assessment of issues
- Develop process and control improvements to remediate exceptions identified
- Provide updates to management when required.
- Reconciles and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelors' degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- 3-4 years' work experience preferably in financial institution
- Very good, oral and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge of banking products and services, especially loans, deposits, securities and derivatives
- Understanding of current accounting and regulatory reporting principles and policies
- Understanding and appreciation of the internal control environment.
- Must be proactive and goal oriented thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions
- Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes and analyzing impact to external reporting process and compliance.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and take on a challenging workload and assignments.