Senior Procurement Manager, Assistant Vice President
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Job Responsibilities:
- Playing significant role as in region specialist for market data;
- Leverage market data knowledge; translate their requirements in determining the market data strategy;
- Sharing knowledge of the market data industry in order to provide consultation and align requirements to market data solutions; facilitate vendor selection process with in region BU partners;
- Understanding of market data licensing to solution optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings;
- Develop and implement an effective, creative and functional negotiation in line with corporate and department goals;
- Collaborate with Contracting and TPRM teams to support appropriate policies and procedures are followed and used consistently throughout the acquisition process to identify and mitigate 3rd party risk;
- Engage and work closely with business partners and local leadership on sourcing opportunities, functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines as well as the commercial obligations of their vendor agreements;
- Partner contracting team to obtain beneficial commercial and legal terms, mitigate business risk and set priorities for contract execution;
- Communicate, incorporate and execute senior management and department level vision, strategy, and business objectives;
- Track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence.
- Proven track of records in market data Strategic Sourcing and/or vendor management;
- Experience with or from market data vendor or consumer of market data is highly desired but would consider candidates with a financial data management or data operations background;
- Understanding of market data licensing concepts and experience a plus;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization;
- Proven project management skills including the ability to drive projects to completion;
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment;
- Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.