Senior Tax Specialist, Associate 2
Under the supervision of Tax Team Supervisor, Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for monitoring all tax related functions on clients which are the responsibility of Senior Tax Specialist's assigned team. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for ensuring tax figures are reported accurately and on time to the necessary parties. The Senior Tax Specialist is responsible for verifying and reviewing the work performed by Tax Specialists and for assisting Tax Team Supervisor in all aspects of responsibilities. As an experienced specialist, the Senior Tax Specialist plays a key role in training, and developing junior members of the team, and is expected to be available to provide an immediate point of reference for queries, and to provide on the job training to less experienced staff.
The Senior Tax Specialist is an integral member of the team responsible for delivering quality service to assigned clients of the team. He/She must contribute to the team on technical matters, as well as providing leadership and direction to the team members, in both quality of service and communication with internal clients and other supporting departments. The Senior Tax Specialist is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Tax Specialists and among Senior Tax Specialists. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and Senior Tax Specialist needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so. Specific Duties:
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Reviews tax components and completes the reviewers' checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supports departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Works on projects and performs other tasks assigned by the Tax Team Supervisor.
- Reviews and approves completed tax calculations performed by Tax Specialists (with the tax accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timeliness.
- Reviews and approves reasonability of the tax tolerance breaches.
- Ensures that the taxation of the fund is in line with the legislation.
- Reviews tax provisions.
- Reviews and confirms the tax components activity per daily, weekly and monthly tax computations to support tax in pricing and / or tax reporting. Assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies.
- Reviews and justifies the daily tax movements.
- Reviews Tax Specialist's checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Assists where required in preparing periodic and ad hoc tax reports, and reviews reports prepared by the team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information required.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets and Word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund taxation aspects is required
- Excellent English
- Accountancy, Tax or Business related degree (preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in fund administration / tax is required.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway