Software Engineering Manager, VP
Who we are looking for:
Software Engineering Manager will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Charles River Development's Web Framework components and build Web First UIs as a technical leader of an agile scrum team. Responsibility for providing engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River. What you will be responsible for:
- Work independently to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug large and complex software enhancements and solutions within Charles River's business and technical problem domains including modifications to core frameworks and other primary facilities critical to system operation
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn complex business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Provide thought leadership in the design of UI Frameworks
- Direct problem solving for projects or major phases of projects to resolve advanced software technical issues
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Identify ways of improving development test methodologies and related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Provide expert level troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
- Actively assist team leaders in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Plan and coordinate cross-team activities groups to complete assignments
- Advise senior management on technical strategy
- Provide mentoring to technical staff of all levels
What We Offer:
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- Authoritative experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular 2, React and Vue
- Able to design and develop software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
Why this role is important to us:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer