Transfer Agency Team Manager with Italian, Officer
Who we are looking for:
The major focus of this role is to manage Fund Trading Services - Transfer Agency processes in line with the departmental strategy and team resources in the Poland location. Reporting to a Senior Manager you will be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment. This role will give y exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas and the Donor Site in Italy;
- Assume responsibility for all the Fund Trading Services (FTS) operational tasks;
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by FTS department in Italy GS;
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service;
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific FTS projects (new business development review, planning & roll out of IT systems);
- Ensure Senior Management & Donor site/CDM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner;
- Initial point of contact for Senior Associate(s) and other Associates in your charge;
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting;
- Provide weekly reporting on issues and status to management team;
- Lead the transition of tasks from Italy to Poland/(conduct period on-site visits in Milan as agreed with Senior Management);
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for FTS Poland's activities;
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior management and CDM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan);
- Be available for travels to Italy as required during the transition.
Education & Preferred Qualifications::
- Numeracy / Literacy skills;
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication;
- Organizational and Report Writing skills;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel;
- Previous experience of team management in a financial services environment would be beneficial;
- Fluent English;
- Very good Italian.
- 5+ years of experience in the provision of fund administration services or in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry;
- Experience in people management;
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent;
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.