AIS - Middle Office Operations Specialist, Associate-1
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be responsible for trade processing and confirmation of client's trades, error reporting and resolution Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office Operations Specialist you will:
What we value:
- Trade File Processing: Process trade file transmitted by the Fund daily on trade-date.
- Trade Confirmation and Trade Reporting: Perform trade-date confirmation (electronic, telephonic or hardcopy) based upon the trade file transmitted by the Fund and trade details provided by the Fund's approved counterparties.
- Trade Exports/Settlement Instructions: Transmit trade details received from the Fund for applicable security types to prime brokers and custodians on trade-date and resolve any discrepancies in data transfer on trade-date.
- Monitor Trade Settlement: Monitor trade fails with prime brokers, counterparties and the Fund including review of prime broker/custodian fail or mismatch reports.
- Reconciliations & query resolution: Review and resolve daily reconciliation breaks by liaising with counterparties and Prime Brokers on the client's behalf. Resolve all queries from NAV team.
- Reporting to Ireland Office: Ensure daily checklist is complete & highlight, escalate and report all issues to the client representative in Ireland pertaining to client service.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Financial product knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree)
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other benefits. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. In addition, our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers