Client Service Support Senior Specialist, Associate 2
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Purpose of Role:
To support the Client Service Operations Team Supervisor.
Under supervision of the Team Supervisor or the Manager, Client Service Support Senior Specialist provides direct client service support to internal clients, investment managers and central support teams to ensure timely and error-free processing and facilitate the resolution of problems related to complex events. Specific Duties: PRINCIPAL TASKS
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION
- Take leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites in all aspects of service.
- Review tasks/reports and completes the reviewers' checklist.
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high-risk asset-servicing functions.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Prepare and review of the reporting for client purpose e.g. KPI, Board packs, Activity Sheets, payment requests, expense calculations and review.
- Track and conduct research to resolve issues and respond to inquiries from external clients or internal departments and maintain accurate records of follow-up actions and client contact.
- Continually evaluate current processes to strive for increased efficiency.
- Update various logs, spreadsheets and control checklists on a regular basis.
- Produce monthly and annual reporting requirements and seek validation.
- Produce meeting agenda's materials and minutes and seek validation.
- Produce ad hoc client reporting requests and seek validation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in the Donor Sites.
- Proactively identify service issues with client-facing impact and bring them to the attention of the appropriate parties for the resolution.
- Initiate communication to clients on complex asset-servicing matters.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keep Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work or projects progress and status of requests.
- Ensure departmental procedures are in place and controls are implemented.
- Coordinate with the Team Managers and internal departments to meet the client needs.
- Participate in transitions, implementation of new tools, special projects.
- Provide training to less experienced employees in the course of day-to-day work, provide guidance and adequate source of help for queries.
- Actively participate in the development of newly hired employees. Support and guide them during the onboarding process.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
Basic goals and requirements for job position are set in Performance Management System Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
- Strong customer service, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain systematic filing practices.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping.
- Build and maintain strong client and Inter-departmental relationships.
PERSON SPECIFICATION Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations.
- FSA Regulations - required for UK teams.
- Accounting Standards.
- Accounting Book of Records (ABOR).
- Performance Management System.
- Able to operate under pressure with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Attention to details.
- Comfortable leading and motivating others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working outside of own responsibilities to assist the team.
- Strong knowledge of asset-servicing and strong understanding of domestic and international markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with global operating parties in an efficient manner, considering cultural differences.
- Numeracy/literacy skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using MS Office.
- Strong organizational and communications skills as well as team orientation.
- Fluency in English required.
- French skills (writing + speaking) - for French Teams only.
- Custody knowledge required - for Custody teams only.
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- International operating environment
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Language classes
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Work in a team where a good atmosphere and team spirit is one of greatest values