GL / Fund Admin Team Lead, SA
This supervisory position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group, working specifically with Real Estate and Direct Funds.
Fund Admin Manager, Sr. Assc interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and the home site, but with no client contact. This then requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. The Fund Admin Manager, Sr. Assc is responsible to supervise and direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds. Responsibilities:
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1 and Associate 2
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Manage client expectations with both designated client contacts and fund investors, as necessary Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Review and/or prepare capital call and distribution calculations; related notices to investors Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and post journal entries
- Review quarterly management fee calculations
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memoranda to ensure all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with the fund's governing documents
- Maintain working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Ensure all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required) and 5 or more years of previous accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills are required, Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.