Governance and Oversight Lead, Senior Associate
- Lieu de travail : Gdańsk, Voïvodie de Poméranie, Pologne
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Governance and Oversight Lead, Senior AssociateGrow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose of Role:
The Governance and Oversight Lead has responsibility for managing all Governance, Risk and Control initiatives across the EMEA BU AML Centre in Poland. This role will work with management and other stakeholders to identify and maintain control of reporting and governance tasks. This role will also complete projects, assignments and other activities as directed.
- Ensure all legal agreements are in place as per State Street Policy and maintain these to the KPI set.
- Provide guidance to EMEA AML Centre management teams as risk owners, to support participation and completion of corporate risk programs as required
- Ensure all process flows and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are adequately documented and reviewed/updated on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage detailed project plans for complex projects with strong change control.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Strengthen our reputation for excellence in risk management by demonstrating clear ownership of risks, exercising discipline in risk management processes, and delivering on heightened regulatory requirements
- Ensure a "no surprise" culture where risk incidents (operational losses, inadvertent data disclosure, and break in governance controls) are reported to the management team and escalated in a timely manner.
- Centralize, coordinate and oversee various administrative responsibilities and tasks.
- Create and document efficiency savings related to the role and demonstrate proper managing and centralizing various administrative responsibilities.
- Lead development of a strong governance model in the department.
- Represent and promote department on various forums.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of Financial Services or Multinational Corporates industry experience
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines and effectively execute in a fast paced environment
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and prioritization complemented by strong decision-making capability
- Ability to lead various initiatives with confidence
- Being resourceful
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively in both directions is essential
- Have good understanding of operations conducted in our department to understand the priorities and challenges, be able to actively support and/or to assist in resolution
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written,
- Team player,
- Very good English.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway