Performance Analyst, Senior Associate
Purpose of Role:
The Performance Analyst is responsible for accurate measurement and analysis of investment performance for an appropriate client workload. This includes production of both standardized and customized reports. The role holder will be working closely with the client service team to ensure that clients receive timely and accurate performance reports. Major Responsibilities: Client Delivery/Servicing
- Validate extraction of accounting information, emphasizing accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Produce standardized and customized client performance reports on daily / weekly / monthly frequency.
- Deliver reports on time.
- Deliver accurate reports.
- Demonstrate good understanding of all standard performance client reports pertaining to assigned clients, including Performance, Attribution, Analytics, Risk, VaR, Board Reports etc.
- Acquire good understanding of client's investment process, its characteristic of the mandates and its business objectives and the client needs related to Performance and Risk.
- Adhere to the production procedures and bibles and share ideas how processes can be improved
- Notify your manager and donor site immediately when accounting or system problems arise and work on solutions independently with appropriate groups and COEs (e.g. pricing, trade settlement, derivatives, etc.).
- Keep log of outstanding requests, monitor progress, keep your manager informed of progress and notify both of any anticipated delays or problems which could impede timely and accurate completion.
- Assist in implementation of new clients and change requests under the guidance of the manager.
- Give input to the manager about resource requirements and for planning the reporting production.
- Educate new employees on the client delivery side
- Support new employee to be aware of, to understand and to apply procedures and administrative tasks
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Assist maintaining and keeping current client related procedures, bibles, office solution best practice, billings, fee schedules and the delivery tracking database up dated in a timely and accurate manner as and when required.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in behaviour
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- If necessary write or/and review procedures
- Understand, be aware and follow the goals of all levels (corporate, Investors Services, Investor Services Europe, Business unit and department) and your job description.
- Understand and apply all procedures and be able to explain them to new employees
- Fulfil sign off and storage procedure by 100%.
- Fill out delivery tracking database, time allocation sheet and absence form properly and timely
Level of Education/ Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master the performance measurement software as well as standard software (e.g. Excel).
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Gain knowledge about the modern portfolio theory and the investment process.
- Ongoing enhancement of knowledge about the investment industry and the financial markets
Skills and Experience
- Preferably two years experience as Performance Analyst plus one year as either Performance Analyst or Fund Accountant or Security Administrator (In total 3 years working experience)
- Good understanding of the general investment environment, different investment instruments and markets.
- General understanding of performance and risk measurement theory
- Good Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and performance system knowledge.
- Basic VBA / Macro knowledge (programming skills not required)
- Languages: English fluent, basic German language skills would be a plus
Professional organization membership / certification
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Basic understanding of operational risks and controls
- CIPM level 1 recommended but not required; it would be expected to start working on this certification