Senior Derivatives Manager, Assitant Vice President
Job Description Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Purpose Of Role:
Overviewing and providing financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence . The Senior Derivative Manager is responsible for supervising services provided by the groups headed by Derivatives Managers, ensuring operational projects administration and execution, as well as identification of potential risk areas. The strong staff management and client servicing skills are required. Responsibilities:
- Supports VP of the department in ensuring that team(s) has the right resources, including staff, IT , financial and oversight functions to operate effectively.
- Ensures that the business operate in compliance with internal and external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed.
- Works as a team in conducting periodic business reviews ensuring associated risks are identified and managed and appropriate remedial action is taken where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains cross-dept and divisional relationships to better facilitate the assignment and resolution of departmental issues.
- Carries out assignments under self-direction and creatively overcomes roadblocks
- Develops or implements needed solutions without waiting for direction or leadership role to be assigned
- Represents department and teams in cross-departmental or cross-divisional meetings.
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Delegates, overviews and carries out daily responsibilities independently.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy.
- Thorough supervision of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules. Responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 5+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway