Corporate - Audit - EMEA Senior Auditor - Associate
Corporate EMEA Auditor Associate - CIB Finance WARSAW Internal Audit Department
The Internal Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorgan Chase's ('JPMC') control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business ('LOBs') and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business. The department is respected throughout the firm for the calibre of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. Globally, Internal Audit has in excess of 1,000 Auditors. Role Description and Key Responsibilities
We are looking for an auditor (Associate) in Warsaw to join us from January / February 2020 who will be responsible for executing audits across the EMEA Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Finance function. The individual will be part of an extended Audit team (primarily based in the UK) and will be primarily overseen by a Warsaw based Audit Director. The role provides the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the CIB Finance function as well as working with stakeholders and Audit colleagues in developing a strong control environment. The individual will also have the opportunity to work on projects related to other businesses and functions as required.
The individual must be an experienced professional who possesses good project management skills, strong relationship management capabilities and is knowledgeable of the operational and control risks which exist in Financial Services institutions in general. The person will be expected to:
- Be a motivated individual who can implement an Audit program of coverage which involves effective risk assessment and design of a risk based coverage approach
- Plan, execute, and document audits with limited supervision and to a high standard in accordance with department and professional standards
- Perform detailed test work efficiently within defined targets as part of an audit team
- Partner with colleagues, clients, and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment. Analyze risks and proactively identify the root-cause of issues with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where weaknesses are identified
- Complete work efficiently, in a risk focused manner within designated timeframes, with the ability to multi-task
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment
- Communicate audit results and issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing
- Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value
- Education to degree standard (or equivalent). A recognized accounting qualification is desirable
- 3-8 years work experience within Financial Services (preferably internal or external auditing), with Some technical knowledge of banking products and accounting/regulatory standards preferred
- Detailed knowledge of products and services provided by Corporate/Investment Banking businesses.
- Ability to learn quickly and good understanding of internal control and risk concepts
- Strong execution skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and multi-task
- Good Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experience with data analytics techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Flexibility to travel (up to 10% of time)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business. About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.