Corporate Finance - Financial Information Reporting Solutions - Platform Support Analyst
The Global Financial Information Reporting Solutions (FIRS) was established to define and deliver target end state operating model and technology requirements to strategically source data required for both internal and external reporting, and assist in positioning the firm to better respond to changing regulatory environments and internal demand requests. FIRS is responsible for operational execution to support environment readiness, ensuring data is fit for purpose, data transformation and enrichment occur in a controlled manner, and provide enhanced reporting and analysis across critical corporate internal reporting platforms. Role Description:
The Platform Support Analyst will be responsible for providing best-in-class operational support and analysis across reporting solutions with focus on a multidimensional forecasting platform serving multiple functions and stakeholders across the firm. The Analyst will learn and partner with globally based team members to provide support regarding client incident tracking and seamless execution of operational processes to key stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
- Financial Data Analysis & Integrity: Understand workflow, data flow, financial reporting concepts/consumption/calculations/aggregations, application design and data drill-through/analysis in order to troubleshoot issues and ensure that book of record for financial plan/forecast is complete and accurate (control-compliant approach).
- Data Sourcing: Interaction with data provider surrounding SLA enforcement, issue resolution, error research, data reconciliation, etc.
- Issue Monitoring, Tracking and Resolution: Ownership and oversight of client or process incident tracking on a daily basis including driving enforcement of governance, production of metrics to enable management of application performance delivery. The individual in this role will monitor issue metrics and prepare root cause analysis to identify and implement steps to reduce inquiry/issue occurrence and manage the monthly reconciliation process between controlling systems. This process includes identifying, explaining, and assessing key performance metrics as well as data quality issues.
- Process Improvement: Identify, analyse, and lead process improvements on a continual basis.
- End-User Support Service: Provide first line of support for platform users to analyze and trouble-shoot problems; escalate the issue though the lines of support to Technology teams; follow-up on statuses and provide on-going feedback until resolution
- B.S. or M.S. in Finance/Accounting/IT/Mathematics
- 2+ years of professional experience in Finance/Accounting/Controlling/Operations/MIS
- Candidate must have experience working with a global team for approx. 1 plus years
- Experience in client services, customer support or help-desk is a must
- Technical proficiencies (Essbase, VBA, SQL, Access, Oracle, Python) are an advantage
- Experience in financial analysis will be an advantage
- Business analysis experience and passion for technology considered a plus
- Very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills,
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business knowledge,
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives with tight timelines while keeping key senior stakeholders and technology and operations partners appropriately updated,
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff,
- Ability to work independently in a fast moving environment,
- High proficiency of Microsoft Office Product Suite, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
- Client-centric and team player,
- Knowledge of agile project management considered a plus,
- Candidate should be flexible with shift timings.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue. About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.