Data Intelligence - Edge Data Engineering - Data Engineer (DI - Edge)
- Varsovie, Voïvodie de Mazovie, Pologne
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 nov. 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
The Data Intelligence organization aims to make data a strategic asset for the enterprise by providing a platform that enables the structuring, management, integration, control, discovery, usage, and governance of our Data Assets.
The team leverages a wide variety of cutting edge technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Kakfa, SQL, OLAP platforms, Presto, Hive, Java and Python.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
- Curate, design and catalogue high quality data models to ensure that data is accessible and reliable
- Build highly scalable data processing frameworks for use across a wide range of datasets and applications
- Provide data-driven insight and decision-making critical to GS's business processes, in order to expose data in a scalable and effective manner
- Understanding existing and potential data sets in both an engineering and business context
HOW WILL YOU FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Deploy modern data management tools to curate our most important data sets, models and processes, while identifying areas for process automation and further efficiencies
- Evaluate, select and acquire new internal & external data sets that contribute to business decision making
- Engineer streaming data processing pipelines
- Drive adoption of Cloud technology for data processing and warehousing
- Engage with data consumers and producers in order to design appropriate models to suit all needs
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a team-focused environment
- A Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related quantitative discipline)
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience applying domain driven design to build complex business applications
- Deep understanding of multidimensionality of data, data curation and data quality, such as traceability, security, performance latency and correctness across supply and demand processes
- In-depth knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- General knowledge of business processes, data flows and the quantitative models that generate or consume data
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with subject matter expert to extract critical business concepts
- Independent thinker, willing to engage, challenge or learn
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact
- Strong work ethic, a sense of ownership and urgency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across global teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- Financial Services industry experience
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, Java, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Spark)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.