Global Markets - Equities Ops - Confirmations Execution Group - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to join a dynamic and fast paced team, applying your analytical and problem solving skills for maximum impact, whilst deepening your knowledge of Equity Derivatives? The Confirmation Drafting Group is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our business and other internal and external stakeholders to provide market leading support producing & negotiating trade confirmations and documentation.
Our division provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
Confirmations Drafting Group provides documentation support to all equity based derivative activity in Europe. It is a department which has to continually adapt to and keep pace with changes in the business and markets, and respond to sales desks and trading queries in a timely manner. You will be required to be enthusiastic, dynamic, flexible, client service orientated and focused on control, accuracy and maximising efficiency. There is a strong emphasis on knowledge and expertise which requires that all team members are fully versed in derivative products and legal documentation used for confirming such trades.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Primary team responsibility is the production of Confirmations for structured Equity Derivative products, by partnering with a team of product experts to review all aspects of executed transactions
• Investigation of booking or termsheet related issues - Close interaction with Sales & Trading
• Monitor workflows to ensure confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensuring dispatch of structured confirmations
• Be numbers & volume focused - driven to meet ISDA targets and internal target of T+15 confirmation transmissions.
• Direct point of escalation internally on documentation / template queries.
• Working closely with legal & credit departments to escalate and resolve queries.
• Working closely with other team members, departments and management on strategic and ad hoc projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Derivative structured product and ISDA Definitions knowledge
• Accuracy and absolute attention to detail required due to complexity of trades
• Strong communication skills, enthusiastic and team spirited - ability to convey this to the team
• Ability to work and deliver under pressure
• Mature and pro-active approach to generating solutions to day to day and longer term technical problems
• Able to demonstrate initiative and curiosity through past experiences
• Sound judgment and analytical skills
• Excellent team player
• Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
• Prior experience working with OTC Derivatives confirmations is a significant benefit
• Quantitative educational background ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity