Global Markets - Portfolio Services Operations - Asset Servicing - Analyst- Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Global Markets Division business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. The Asset Servicing role requires a professional with deep Operational expertise and proven experience in managing and developing complex and high-risk functions. YOUR IMPACT
A successful candidate would focus on the day-to-day oversight of functions, collaborating with other groups across the globe, and with the opportunity to work cross-function. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a day-to-day basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various businesses and operational units across the firm. CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market expertise and to develop management skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides substantial exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career progression. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance management effectiveness and equip individuals to progress in their careers. DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are searching for an experienced Operations professional to join the Global Markets Division in one of several global locations as an Asset Servicing First Line Manager. Responsibilities include: Communications - Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
Functional & Technical Expertise - Leverage deep technical expertise to resolve challenging issues
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (analyst to managing director)
- Influence others and express alternative views and rationale for a course of action
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
Innovation - Contribute to the definition, review, and execution of Global Asset Servicing Strategy
- Possess robust industry and market trend knowledge and experience, and take initiative to broaden skill set
- Exhibit strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and become the go-to expert within stakeholder community
- Deliver day-to-day issue resolution through effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking
Client Focus - Deliver consistent client service through partnerships with other teams and divisions
- Enhance the control environment through business intelligence-related initiatives to increase scalability, adapt to regulatory changes, and deliver creative solutions to clients
- Identify and deliver functional enhancements in processes and/or core tools and technologies that will improve divisional leverage
- Demonstrate ability to identify and leverage solutions used by other teams, and foster a culture of innovation in which the more junior population is encouraged to seek creative solutions
Risk Management - Partner with regional management team to provide effective oversight of key Asset Servicing Functions
- Effectively handle challenging requests, and build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
- Appreciate key client strategies and proactively manage and articulate the impact on the team and function using BI/analytics and empirical data
Management, Leadership & Culture
- Challenge existing risk and control framework and the status quo to further reinforce the control environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and develop control enhancements
- Contribute to and drive technical and operating environment risk review
- Provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure the proper remediation of risk arising from new products, business, migrations, etc.
- Partner with a Vice President to build a resilient and motivated team by promoting diverse perspectives, providing transparent feedback, and offering career coaching
- Assume accountability and ownership of complex situations, offering own expertise to influence outcomes
- Play an active role in GS citizenship activities and seek leadership opportunities where possible, while coaching and encouraging others to do the same
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Sees the big picture and keeps current with emerging business, economic and market trends.
- Works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Strong team player who collaborates readily with others within and across teams
- Encourages other team members to participate and contribute, and acknowledges others' contributions
- Forward-thinker who anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, and identifies clear objectives
- Improves current processes and develops creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influences outcomes by taking a position on issues and presenting sound, persuasive rationale for ideas
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity