Internal Audit, Operations Technology Audit, Analyst/Associate, Warsaw
- Varsovie, Voïvodie de Mazovie, Pologne
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 oct. 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INTERNAL AUDIT
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Business Unit Overview
Internal Audit's mission is to independently assess the firm's internal control structure, raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management's control measures.
As the third line of defence, Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's overall control environment, including the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks. In doing so, Internal Audit:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk;
- Raises awareness of control risk;
- Assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management's implementation of control measures.
Internal Audit is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Securities, Investment Management, Corporate, and Technology.
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including verbal presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Solid quantitative or qualitative risk assessment skills
- Control mindset
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 3-8 years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry, or in the financial services industry or a related control function
- Undergraduate degree and ideally, a graduate degree in a related subject
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., Chartered Accountant, CFA, CIA) is a plus
- or MSc. degree in engineering, finance or risk management, or MBA with concentration in finance is a plus
- Preferred: prior work experience in internal audit or independent validation function for quantitative or operational risks, investment banking financial or operational risk management or Big 4 risk advisory or similar
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Execute audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.