Operations - Global Markets Operations - Client Implementation - Associate - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Our Client Implementation team "CI" is seeking a Vice President to manage a team who effectively oversee the client onboarding process to ensure due diligence is performed in compliance with trading regulations and new account opening requirements. In this role, you will manage key client relationships and interact with Sales, Compliance, Credit, Risk, Legal and Operations stakeholders to ensure the effective onboarding of clients to Goldman Sachs.
As a member of the Client Onboarding organization, this individual will oversee a team that specializes in the review of client documentation and the approval of new accounts across all products and business lines within global markets. You will need to be a quick learner and understand the regulatory environment to ensure that we are protecting the firm and our clients. It is critical that this person has the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience.
The CI team manages key client relationships for the firm to help facilitate the front-to-back coordination and setup of client trading relationships across global markets. The team is business and/or client-aligned and serves as the central point of contact working closely with internal stakeholders to understand dynamic changes in commercial demands for the business they support. This team has regular engagement with clients and an in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment to effectively identify risk and escalate concerns with precision and accuracy.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage a team of 8-16 people and assist with cross-training, mentorship and career trajectory
- Provide oversight to the day-to-day client onboarding process (ensuring due diligence is performed to comply with "Know Your Customer" regulations, requirements and internal policies)
- Participate in regular meetings to maintain clarity and consistency surrounding workflow drivers
- Design procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements and process improvement
- Help address client pain points using agile methodology and continuous improvement techniques
- Oversee regulatory requirement changes and any enhancements to systems and procedures
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues while devising possible resolutions
- Develop required tracking and reporting to help identify risk and implement metric enhancements
- Aptitude for building relationships and experience in liaising with clients on a global basis
- Ability to communicate complex issues to clients with differing levels of product knowledge
- Thrives in a teamwork oriented environment and works well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Keen focus on client experience to help increase throughput to speed up client's time to market
- Drive commercial outcomes across desks and clients to implement strategic initiatives
- Identify Policy and Process Rationalization opportunities to streamline onboarding
- Technology Uplift for workflow process to increase velocity and effectiveness of onboarding
- Communication is of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required / Master's degree preferred
- Work Experience: 6 to 8 years of relevant full-time work experience within onboarding, operations and/or reconciliations driving best in class client service
- People Management: Experience managing people in a coaching and advisory capacity
- Client Service: Ability to build relationships with both external and internal clients
- Leadership Abilities: Ability to think critically and apply thought leadership
- Project Management: Experience handling small enhancements to large-scale initiatives
- Analytical Skills: Analyzing large data sets and synthesizing into key themes combined with control mentality and meticulous attention to detail
- Business Intelligence: Analyzing data and configuring operational metrics through self-service tooling: Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Data Warehousing, Defensive Design Methods and RPA robotics
- Technical Skills: Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required and the ability to understand and work with web-based applications
- Process Improvements: Driving Regulatory Implementation, Orchestration and Workflow Uplifts
- Results-Oriented: Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered, and helping lead projects and teams to a successful conclusion
- Professional Maturity: Ability to manage confidential information with excellent judgment
- Communication: Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Prioritization: Ability to multi-task, flex, and work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Languages: German/French/Russian is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity