Regulatory & Control - Privacy Engineering Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Who We Look For - Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Privacy Engineering The Privacy Engineering team is a part of the Goldman Sachs Core Engineering. The Privacy Office aims to preserve and enhance the firm's collective capability to protect personal information through coordination of engineering efforts to implement privacy by design and security and enabling divisions to implement processes and procedures designed to uphold data protection and privacy principles.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
- We are seeking a candidate with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support the Regulatory Control function within the Privacy Office.
- The role creates the opportunity for an individual to help build and execute centralized processes to achieve a globally consistent privacy program. This role will involve strong communication skills as will require building partnerships with teams and other stakeholders in engineering and all businesses
- Support of the centralized privacy program, with the flexibility to work on other global privacy initiatives as needed (e.g. programs supporting compliance with GDPR, India data protection obligations)
- Preparing materials and helping to coordinate working groups and steering groups related to privacy (e.g. to review new activities)
- Working closely with the firm's federated privacy governance framework and key senior stakeholders in Privacy Legal, Consumer Compliance, plus other areas with high concentrations of personal information
- Production of status reports, dashboards or presentations for senior management
- Creation of firmwide training opportunities, and delivery of training to new staff involved in privacy governance
- Monitoring central privacy mailboxes that may receive data subject requests
- Logging, routing and where necessary, assisting the fulfillment of data subject requests (e.g. under the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) etc)
- Conducting data protection impact assessments and tracking commitments to conclusion
- Compilation and collection of operational and risk metrics related to privacy
- Work closely with engineering teams on requirements, plus delivery and testing of automated solutions to replace manual privacy processes
- Monitor the impact of the data breach to the impacted divisions and the firm
- Initiate incident post mortem (if needed), remediation and other follow-up actions
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience within the financial services industry
- Experienced at supporting enterprise wide programs and delivery
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow through skills.
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of Information Governance principles
- Interest and experience in Privacy as a subject matter
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity